Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Its Oscar Night!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sorcia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Its Oscar Night! Reply with quote

While we LOTR fans will have no united 'fingers crossed' for the films this year getting an Oscar(last years sweep more than made up for the pervious two years Very Happy ), don't forget, Orlando will be presenting this year and Cate has been nominated(also to be presenting) so we have some fanbased drive to watch Cool . Orlando is also one of the stars said to be making a sort of environmental statement by showing up in a hybrid car. I always think the pre-shows are more interesting to watch, who wears 'who', who shows up with who etc.
Cheers

Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is Orlando presenting - do you know - cause I would hate to watch the whole thing just to see him for 2 mins.
Nagzul #2 - The Nazgul of Shmoove
Crucio! Because stupidity should be painful!
http://alikat7.livejournal.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amlee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know as of now and I have tried to look it up but can't find it.

He is suppose to talk to Star Jones when he walks the red carpet in a bit. Maybe she will ask him then. If she does I will post it.
Amlee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alassante wrote:
what is Orlando presenting - do you know - cause I would hate to watch the whole thing just to see him for 2 mins.

In case you aren't watching they just said that Orlando was coming up next.
Sorcia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many congrats to Cate B. on her Oscar this evening! Not only did I think she did a great job of portraying my most favourite actress but she looked amazing!Smile Caught both she and Orlando on the red carpet. Depending on what 'preshow' you watched depended on what stars got nabbed by who on the way in. Orlando looked great too! Loved the mod tie that he wore and he has such a lovely head of hair(to run ones fingers thru those tresses...ha, even I can imagine how great that would feel and I'm not a huge Orlando fan Razz ) and very warm eyes. A few nods to LOTR tonight by presenters and winners. Thought John Dykstra's comment that he was SO glad there was no LOTR part four!(as Richard T's team would have won! Best Visual Effects- LOL). Just a few nice touches:).
Mr. Johnny Depp looking bloody amazing again... Twisted Evil He and Orlando will start shooting Pirates 2 starting in April(or so the rumour mill goes...anyone confirm this?).
Sorry Alassante, I missed what award it was, was doing kitchen type stuff and had to drop and run when I heard his name announced. Chatted thru the presentation to the rest of the family so totally have NO idea what Oscar he presented.

Monarchsnake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorcia wrote:
Many congrats to Cate B. on her Oscar this evening! Not only did I think she did a great job of portraying my most favourite actress but she looked amazing!Smile Caught both she and Orlando on the red carpet. Depending on what 'preshow' you watched depended on what stars got nabbed by who on the way in. Orlando looked great too! Loved the mod tie that he wore and he has such a lovely head of hair(to run ones fingers thru those tresses...ha, even I can imagine how great that would feel and I'm not a huge Orlando fan Razz ) and very warm eyes. A few nods to LOTR tonight by presenters and winners. Thought John Dykstra's comment that he was SO glad there was no LOTR part four!(as Richard T's team would have won! Best Visual Effects- LOL). Just a few nice touches:).
Mr. Johnny Depp looking bloody amazing again... Twisted Evil He and Orlando will start shooting Pirates 2 starting in April(or so the rumour mill goes...anyone confirm this?).
Sorry Alassante, I missed what award it was, was doing kitchen type stuff and had to drop and run when I heard his name announced. Chatted thru the presentation to the rest of the family so totally have NO idea what Oscar he presented.

Confused I'm so freaking mad to have missed all that!!! (cries) I'm not a Orlando Bloom 'Fangirl' but He infected me way before LOTR with TROY, and just recently I went bonkers for him. (I was resisting) But GAHHHH! How Did He Look? What did he present? What did he do? How much was shown? SOMEONE TELL ME PLEASE! (spazzes on the floor convulsing) Your so lucky to have seen everything.

Elladan: (blinks backing away slowly) Honestly woman, will you calm down?

Oh yeah. Sorry. (sheepish laugh, yawns and stands back up)

I can't believe I missed Cate too -_-; My Mom didn't tell me they were on...(whines) I Love Cate, she has such a earthy feel.

(melts at the warm eyes comment)

Now I have the urge to go stare into my Calender.

On POTC...I swear they were supposed to start filming this Febuary, at least that is what I heard from other sources, how much longer will they wait to film I wonder...

And Why Doesn't Mister Depp Ever win? (la sigh) They have to cut him a break at some point. Seriously. Sheesh. (grumbles) Well, Not that he needs any approval from someone handing out a stupid gold statue.

He is a great actor no matter what kind of awards he is given.

Monarchsnake~

Amlee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monarchsnake wrote:
Confused I'm so freaking mad to have missed all that!!! (cries) I'm not a Orlando Bloom 'Fangirl' but He infected me way before LOTR with TROY, and just recently I went bonkers for him. (I was resisting) But GAHHHH! How Did He Look? What did he present? What did he do? How much was shown? SOMEONE TELL ME PLEASE! (spazzes on the floor convulsing) Your so lucky to have seen everything.

Ok first of all calm down! I am a little confused with your he infected me way before LOTR with Troy comment?? Because he did all 3 LOTR before he did Troy.

He looked good in his tux. He presented Best Film Editing with Kristen Dunst(sp). They didn't show alot of him, but he did most of the talking so if you are into his voice then you were in heaven for about 3 minutes. He was also interviewed before the show so watch either Acesses Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight and he should be on.

Monarchsnake wrote:
Elladan: (blinks backing away slowly) Honestly woman, will you calm down?

Oh yeah. Sorry. (sheepish laugh, yawns and stands back up)

I can't believe I missed Cate too -_-; My Mom didn't tell me they were on...(whines) I Love Cate, she has such a earthy feel.

Kate also presented and looked as great as ever.

Monarchsnake wrote:
(melts at the warm eyes comment)

Now I have the urge to go stare into my Calender.

He has great eyes and your right they are so warm.

Monarchsnake wrote:
On POTC...I swear they were supposed to start filming this Febuary, at least that is what I heard from other sources, how much longer will they wait to film I wonder...

The are filiming in the Caribbean as we speak. Filming started the first of Feburary. I can't remember which island it is. I want to say one of the islands in the southern part. I will see if I can find out and let you know.

Monarchsnake wrote:
And Why Doesn't Mister Depp Ever win? (la sigh) They have to cut him a break at some point. Seriously. Sheesh. (grumbles) Well, Not that he needs any approval from someone handing out a stupid gold statue.

That is simple. Because Depp has shuned(sp) Hollywood. He has blasted the other actors and the film industry. He is one of the best actors around, but because of he's beliefs and the things he says he hasn't got an oscar.

Monarchsnake wrote:
He is a great actor no matter what kind of awards he is given.Monarchsnake~

I agree with you on that.
Amlee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pic's of Orlando from last night
Monarchsnake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amlee wrote:
Here are some pic's of Orlando from last night

*spazzes* You are much too kind. *drools over piccies* On his Voice, I love it to death. My mom was like he sounded awfully cute.

Warm and Deep...His eyes are. (sighs)

But On The Confusement of TROY, I watched TROY before LOTR, I was refusing to watch LOTR For the longest time, because of my disdain for anything popular, I didn't get into LOTR till Five months ago when I was bored, and decided to watch the movies. Of Course, Look what happened, I'm now Middle-Earth Obsessed.

Oh I would be grateful for the POTC information, I figured it started in Feburary, Which means...It should be out next year. *dies of happiness*

Now On Johnny Depp. Yeah, I figure he wouldn't want a Oscar anyway, though it is nice to be awarded for your work. But I agree with him on Hollwyood, I don't blame him for shunning it.

Just because someone has strong opinions and views on something and you don't like them, doesn't mean you should not regonise their talents.

It seems to me, if everyone doesn't agree on the same thing, and one person is diffrent from the rest, then they are put in a corner till they agree with everyone else.

Society, sometimes seems like a bunch of mindless drone robots.

Enough of my ramblings. Thank you for all the information! and The Piccies!

Monarchsnake~

Amlee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some checking around today and I am thinking they are on the island of Grenada. I know it starts with a G and I can rule out Grand Bahama Island because I was just there 3 days ago and covered one end of the island to another. There was no filming or anything along those lines there. I asked our driver if anything new was going on off the beaten tour group path and he said no. It was also hit hard by the hurricanes last year and I think it would be hard to flim a movie there right now.

My money is on Grenada. Makes me want to check into an airline ticket!! Very Happy
Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorcia wrote:

I was focused on it and listened to it and have no idea what the award was. He's such the cutey. I get all fan girly for him. Quite embarassing when your son goes - 'oh Mommmmmm, Orlando Bloom's on' and knows that the only reason you own a copy of Ned Kelly is cause he is in it. (that one scene where he is watching that older lady change and he is being all cute and adorable! ahh).

Wow I haven't gotten this fan girly since Brad Pitt - I actually own a copy of Kalifornia because of him.

BTW - I did not think that Orlando had any chemistry with Kirsten Dunst. I hope it is better on screen then live!

Nagzul #2 - The Nazgul of Shmoove
Crucio! Because stupidity should be painful!
http://alikat7.livejournal.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: