Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Mithrellas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Mithrellas Reply with quote

Where is her story told? I mean Nimrodel's Mithrellas who ends up staying in Dol Amroth ...
Nazgul #3 in charge of ducking & sniggering

Garo golf a conu ned i eneth aran an ir ho delitha ad
SpaceWeavil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in Unfinished Tales, for one place. I think it's in the section on Amroth and Nimrodel, which is in the History of Galadriel and Celeborn.

Also I think there are references to the Elven descent of the Dol Amroth princes (through Mithrellas' folk) in Peoples of Middle Earth.

I only just got in from work, but if no one else finds the exact bits beforehand, I will hunt out those parts and see if there is anything decent you might want quoted.

SW

Rhapsody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Mithrellas Reply with quote

NancyBrooke wrote:
Where is her story told? I mean Nimrodel's Mithrellas who ends up staying in Dol Amroth ...

Oh, I have that covered in the author's note of a drabble...

http://www.openscrolls.net/fanfic/story.php?no=2134&chapter=2

I do have more... somewhere around..

Maglor's bard & Celegorm's play pal

Nazgul #5 in charge anything liquid or edible things
Icon made by Carnage in c minor.
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ladies; as always, very helpful. If there's more, Space, and it can be typed with little trouble (I am UT deficient), I'd love to know it.

SpaceWeavil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NancyBrooke wrote:
Thanks, Ladies; as always, very helpful. If there's more, Space, and it can be typed with little trouble (I am UT deficient), I'd love to know it.

I can do you the UT version fairly easily as I have an online version of the text saved on the hard drive;

Unfinished Tales, History of Galadriel and Celeborn wrote:
This latter version of the legend appears in more detailed form in a note appended to an unpublished genealogy of the line of Dol Amroth from Angelimar, the twentieth prince, father of Adrahil, father of Imrahil, prince of Dol Amroth at the time of the War of the Ring:

In the tradition of his house Angelimar was the twentieth in unbroken descent from Galador, first Lord of Dol Amroth (c. Third Age 2004-2129). According to the same traditions Galador was the son of Imrazór the Númenórean, who dwelt in Belfalas, and the Elven-lady Mithrellas. She was one of the companions of Nimrodel, among many of the Elves that fled to the coast about the year 1980 of the Third Age, when evil arose in Moria; and Nimrodel and her maidens stayed in the wooded hills, and were lost. But in this tale it is said that Imrazór harboured Mithrellas, and took her to wife. But when she had borne him a son, Galador, and a daughter, Gilmith, she slipped away by night and he saw her no more. But though Mithrellas was of the lesser Silvan race (and not of the High Elves or the Grey) it was ever held that the house and kin of the Lords of Dol Amroth was noble by blood as they were fair in face and mind.

also, in the Notes;

Quote:
Elsewhere it is said (p.260) that according to the tradition of their house the first Lord of Dol Amroth was Galador (c. Third Age 2004-2129), the son of Imrazór the Númenórean, who dwell Belfalas, and the Elven-lady Mithrellas, one of the companions of Nimrodel. The note just cited seems to suggest that this family of the Faithful settled in Belfalas with a stronghold on Dol Amroth before the Downfall of Númenor; and if that is so, the two statements can only be reconciled on the supposition that the line of the Princes, and indeed the place of their dwelling, went back more than two thousand years before Galador's day, and that Galador was called the first Lord of Dol Amroth because it was not until his time (after the drowning of Amroth in the year 1981) that Dol Amroth was so named.

That was the bit I remembered. I'm not as sure where the stuff in PoME is exactly, if indeed it is in there at all, but shall have a look.

SW

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry ... that one I have.

Thanks, again! Hello

SpaceWeavil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NancyBrooke wrote:
Don't worry ... that one I have.

Thanks, again! Hello

Cool, because after three hours of reading heritable property and planning permisson laws, it might not have been retyped in any sort of coherent manner anyway Laughing At least the UT stuff I can copy and paste.

SW

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: