Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

FOTR Frustration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuthienTinuviel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: FOTR Frustration Reply with quote

My curiosity's finally killing me, I want to know what Aragorn and Haldir was arguing about- in detail. Word by word. The Extended version part in the border talans of Lothlorien.

I can manage bits of here and there, but my elvish is really bad...and I atually have a bunny inside my head doing something to me... I would really appreciate it if you can help me with this.

Thank you. Smile

ellisk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Council of Elrond (http://www.councilofelrond.com/index.php) has transcripts of all the elvish in the films and they include some of that dialogue (I'm not sure it is all of it though because I never looked at the script while watching the movie).

If you go to that site, to find the scripts, click on "Languages" in the left frame (the "Languages" link, and not any of the links that pop up when you mouse over it).

Then scroll down to "Translations" and click on the "Elvish Movie Scripts" link.

Then scroll down to "Aragorn and Haldir in Lórien"

Have fun!

Ultima ratio regum (The Last Argument of Kings)--engraved on all French cannons by order of Louis XIV
krazykataave

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your question could make for an interesting drabble.

Kat
Eruanna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: FOTR Frustration Reply with quote

LuthienTinuviel wrote:
My curiosity's finally killing me, I want to know what Aragorn and Haldir was arguing about- in detail. Word by word. The Extended version part in the border talans of Lothlorien.

I can manage bits of here and there, but my elvish is really bad...and I atually have a bunny inside my head doing something to me... I would really appreciate it if you can help me with this.

Thank you. Smile

Thanks for the link, Ellisk!

This is what is REALLY being said between Aragorn and Haldir up on the flet:

Aragorn: "Haldir of Lorien, you MUST give me the name of your hair stylist--or at least what brand of shampoo and conditioner you use. You simply must tell me! Otherwise I WILL find out from the Lord and Lady!"

Haldir: "Honestly, just a little mashed avocado left on for 10 minutes under a hot towel, and a chamomile rinse to bring out the highlights. Then a finishing glosser of camellia nut oil."

--Eru ROFL

LuthienTinuviel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: FOTR Frustration Reply with quote

Eruanna wrote:

Aragorn: "Haldir of Lorien, you MUST give me the name of your hair stylist--or at least what brand of shampoo and conditioner you use. You simply must tell me! Otherwise I WILL find out from the Lord and Lady!"

Haldir: "Honestly, just a little mashed avocado left on for 10 minutes under a hot towel, and a chamomile rinse to bring out the highlights. Then a finishing glosser of camellia nut oil."

--Eru ROFL

ROFL hahahahahaha.... Good one, Eruanna! Very Happy]

I found it;

Aragorn and Haldir in Lórien (extended version)
Aragorn: Boe ammen veriad lîn.

No subtitles given.

Literal: Your protection is necessary for us.

Aragorn: Andelu i ven.

No subtitles given.

Literal: The road is too deadly.

Aragorn: Merin le telim.

No subtitles given.

Literal: I wish that we come with you.

Aragorn: Henio, aníron, boe ammen i dulu lîn.

No subtitles given.

Literal: Understand, I wish, your support is necessary for us.

Aragorn: Andelu i ven.

No subtitles given.

Literal:The road is too deadly.

Still nothing about what Haldir is actually saying tho *sighs* Darn, he sounds good.... Very Happy

Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.stupidring.com/fotrscript/index.htm

Edited this to explain! Doh!

That is the link to the script on TheStupidRing.com. They have all of the scripts on that site.

Nagzul #2 - The Nazgul of Shmoove
Crucio! Because stupidity should be painful!
http://alikat7.livejournal.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lingua

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: FOTR Frustration Reply with quote

Eruanna wrote:

--Eru ROFL
It is almost 2am here, I am nocturnal, and my upstairs neighbors would like to thank you for my waking them up with a loud guffaw over this one. Very Happy
Eruanna

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: FOTR Frustration Reply with quote

Lingua wrote:
Eruanna wrote:

--Eru ROFL
It is almost 2am here, I am nocturnal, and my upstairs neighbors would like to thank you for my waking them up with a loud guffaw over this one. Very Happy

Lingua:

The LOTR films have given us a new source of tongue-in-cheek jokes for the diehard fans... Laughing

--Eruanna

Neo

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: LOTR: Aragorn crowned king song Reply with quote

I have a huge problem!!! im trying to download the song aragorn sings when he is crowned the king with the words:

Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien.
Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come

Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
In this place I will abide, and my heirs,

tenn’ Ambar-metta!
unto the ending of the world.

ive tried so hard, so if anyone can help i will deeply appreciate it!!!!
THANKS! Smile

[/code]
Robbie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that's copyrighted, so if anyone can help, we don't want the asnwer here in the forum! Cheers.
Vilwarin

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would advice you buy the CD Very Happy ( tis worth the money)

~Vil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
NeumeIndil

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second Vilwarin, but avoid the one "performed by MASK". It has a green jacket w/ a sword going through a ring on the front cover. You'll find it cheap online b/c it's not (imho) a very good remake of the score (not all the songs, mostly synthesizer and their vocalist is definitely not Annie Lennox). I learned this the hard way. Mad

http://embullybreedrescue.org/
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: