Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Hello, new to here, but not a newbie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhoaNellie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Hello, new to here, but not a newbie Reply with quote

Hello! My co-author and I saw a thread on Trek BBS mentioning this archive opening its doors to fanfics of other fandoms and thought we'd join in. Whoa Nellie is a writing team of two women with Psychology degrees who have been writing together for over a decade and are proud, long time denizens of ASC (alt.startrek.creative). We write romance-novel styled TNG and Voyager stories, a guilty pleasure we lovingly refer to as the Star Trek bodice-ripper. We also have two Star Wars stories and a TNG/SG1 crossover as well as a SG1 story. As we began writing our first work, 'Double Entendre,' when either of us went too far the other one would call out "Whoa Nellie!" while hitting the delete key. This practice stuck. When we decided to post our stories to the internet, 'Whoa Nellie' was a natural choice for us as a pen name.

We have two TNG timelines; the "Double Entendre" timeline breaks off from TNG canon immediately after the movie "Generations" assuming canon up until that point and the "Reasons of the Heart" timeline breaks off from canon after the movie "Insurrection" assuming canon up to that point. For our main TNG pairing, we pair Picard with Vash, the character created by the brilliant writer Ira Steven Behr as Picard's love interest for the third season TNG episode "Captain's Holiday" and the fourth season episode "Qpid." It seems to us that Behr created the Picard/Vash relationship in homage to the great romantic film pairings of the 40's. Vash is Bacall to Picard's Bogart. Watch Bogart and Bacall in the classic movie "To Have and Have Not" and then watch "Captain's Holiday." The characterizations and relationship dynamics established in TNG canon for the Picard/Vash pairing make it a pure joy to write. The "Reason of the Heart" timeline stories also pair a post Endgame Chakotay, onboard the Enterprise as ship's anthropologist, with Dr. Beverly Crusher.

Our Voyager timeline, "Twist of Fate" breaks off from canon early season 5 shortly after the episode "Night." In Voyager, our main pairing is Chakotay and an original character we designed specifically to be perfect for him, his soulmate. We also liked the way Harry and Seven worked together so we incorporated that pairing into the "Twist of Fate" timeline as a secondary pairing. We know that it's frustrating for fans of that pairing so on the summaries of the "Twist of Fate" stories we usually include whether or not there is any significant K/7 interaction.

Warmest Wishes,
Whoa Nellie

Ottis413

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm not a big "Trekkie" myself, but do like SF in general...Razz
So, welcome to OSA!! Check out the rules, settle in and make your self at home!! Cool
And remember Post Read and Review!!! (Not necessarily in that order)

WARNING:

Do feed the Animals!

Contents under pressure, open with care!

The views expressed herein by the members probably reflect the views of the member who posted them.

May (?) contain nuts..... Razz

The child is grown, the dream is gone.
Pink Floyd, Comfortably numb
OSA Nazgul#8. The little Nagzul wot cud spall (Don't call me the redneck Nazgul, I prefer the term 'Appalachian Nazgul')
WhoaNellie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ottis413 wrote:
Hello, I'm not a big "Trekkie" myself, but do like SF in general...Razz
So, welcome to OSA!! Check out the rules, settle in and make your self at home!! Cool
And remember Post Read and Review!!! (Not necessarily in that order)

WARNING:

Do feed the Animals!

Contents under pressure, open with care!

The views expressed herein by the members probably reflect the views of the member who posted them.

May (?) contain nuts..... Razz

Laughing Thank you for the welcome!

Warmest Wishes,
Whoa Nellie

trekqueen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello WhoaNellie! Already sent you a welcome PM but I'll say hello here too. Very Happy Patrick Stewart fans unite! Heart

"I wish I was a writer who sees what's yet unseen. I wish I was a prayer expressing what I mean. I wish I was a stranger who wanders down the sky. I wish I was a starship in silence flying by." --Wish (Komm zu mir)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Nellie. As a trek fan I was eager to see Jean Luc make such a prolific entry into the new stories page. I hope you have a fun time here.
Very Happy

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo, Whoa, Welcome to OSA.

I've already read some of their fic, y'all and I highly recommend it.

trekqueen wrote:
Hello WhoaNellie! Already sent you a welcome PM but I'll say hello here too. Very Happy Patrick Stewart fans unite! Heart

You know, I saw him once. I was bridesmaid in a wedding (antebellum green nightmare dress Shocked ) and he was speaking in the same hotel where the reception was held. I got there just as he was exiting and he walked past me.

He's tiny, you know, and I don't even think I was wearing heels - Oh, wait - I remember having those dyed-to-match ... I was indeed wearing heels. Still, Patrick Stewart: not a tall man.

Nazgul #3 in charge of ducking & sniggering

Garo golf a conu ned i eneth aran an ir ho delitha ad
trekqueen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NancyBrooke wrote:
He's tiny, you know, and I don't even think I was wearing heels - Oh, wait - I remember having those dyed-to-match ... I was indeed wearing heels. Still, Patrick Stewart: not a tall man.

Oh I know... he's freaking short next to Worf and Riker... maybe that's why they didnt have him appear with James Cromwell (Cochrane) in First Contact because he even seemed to tower over Riker. Shocked I don't mind though, he's still uber smexy. Razz

"I wish I was a writer who sees what's yet unseen. I wish I was a prayer expressing what I mean. I wish I was a stranger who wanders down the sky. I wish I was a starship in silence flying by." --Wish (Komm zu mir)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FatiferousPoet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome WhoaNellie!!! Looking forward to reading your work. As someone previously stated, we hope y'all do the same!!! Smile

Enjoy! Great, friendly board!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rhapsody

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome on board WhoaNellie!

Trekqueen here already showed me the way to your work, now the time to read it!

NancyBrooke wrote:

Well ya know, Craig Parker (Haldir) wore prostetic boots during filming at Helms Deep (he told so at a con) so he isn't the tallest too, but oh so sexay.

Besides that, Picard has this incredible voice! ONly Avery Brooks has a smoother one..

Maglor's bard & Celegorm's play pal

Nazgul #5 in charge anything liquid or edible things
Icon made by Carnage in c minor.
trekqueen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhapsody wrote:

Besides that, Picard has this incredible voice! ONly Avery Brooks has a smoother one..

You should have been at the convention in March, he SANG! Very Happy

Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome WhoaNellie. I was just telling Vlad yesterday about your name (very cute) and I love the description on one of your stories (Plot? There isn't even a point. LOL) I've never read any Star Trek fan fiction so I guess I've be diving into some when I get a chance. I figure if its on OSA - its gotta be good. And you wrote about one of my favorite characters (Seven) I had a strange fondness for the borg episodes - dunno why. I am not a trekkie per se, in fact I haven't seen all of the episodes or watched many of the series but I did go to the Star Trek thing at the Las Vegas Hilton. (it had borgs - yay) Anyway - welcome to OSA from one of the Elf defiling Tolkien writers Wink
Nagzul #2 - The Nazgul of Shmoove
Crucio! Because stupidity should be painful!
http://alikat7.livejournal.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WhoaNellie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trekqueen wrote:

Hello Hi! Thanks again for the warm welcome. Stewart is just pure masculine virility. Very Happy

Scribe wrote:
Welcome aboard Nellie. As a trek fan I was eager to see Jean Luc make such a prolific entry into the new stories page. I hope you have a fun time here.
Very Happy

Thank you. This is a very cool board. My co-author and I are looking forward to participating on it.

NancyBrooke wrote:
Yo, Whoa, Welcome to OSA.

I've already read some of their fic, y'all and I highly recommend it.

Thank you for the kind words about our fic. We're honored by the compliment.

FatiferousPoet wrote:
Welcome WhoaNellie!!! Looking forward to reading your work. As someone previously stated, we hope y'all do the same!!! Smile

Enjoy! Great, friendly board!!!

Rhapsody wrote:
Welcome on board WhoaNellie!

Trekqueen here already showed me the way to your work, now the time to read it!

Thank you both and we hope you enjoy our stories.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. My coauthor and I truly appreciate it. I'm off to get ready for turkey day. I'll check back in on Friday.

Warmest Wishes,
Whoa Nellie

WhoaNellie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alassante wrote:
Welcome WhoaNellie. I was just telling Vlad yesterday about your name (very cute) and I love the description on one of your stories (Plot? There isn't even a point. LOL) )

This went up while I was working on my last post.

Smile Thank you for the welcome. As far as the pen name and the story description, my co-author and I freely admit to having way too much fun with this stuff. Very Happy Our stories are written for pure fun and if our tongue were any more firmly in cheek while writing these stories, it would break through the skin. Laughing

Warmest Wishes,
Whoa Nellie

SpaceWeavil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome WhoNellie! Hope you enjoy yourself around here. I haven't read Star Trek fanfic for so long, but the new categories really got me interested again. Your crossovers sound intriguing too! Smile

Really looking forward to checking out your stories.

SpaceWeavil

WhoaNellie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceWeavil wrote:
Welcome WhoNellie! Hope you enjoy yourself around here. I haven't read Star Trek fanfic for so long, but the new categories really got me interested again. Your crossovers sound intriguing too! Smile

Really looking forward to checking out your stories.

SpaceWeavil

Thank you for the welcome. We hope you enjoy the stories.
Smile

Warmest Wishes,
Whoa Nellie

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: