Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

My muse is A.W.O.L.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: My muse is A.W.O.L. Reply with quote

My muse seems to be on vacation ... or maybe rehab since finishing "Devours" Twisted Evil

Anyway ... I see various prompts sited as inspiration for other fics, if anyone has a prompt list or site that posts occasional challenges, I'd love a recommendation.

Thanks,

NB

Nazgul #3 in charge of ducking & sniggering

Garo golf a conu ned i eneth aran an ir ho delitha ad
Rhapsody

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't give you one from the top of my head, but even the opening of the books is venturing on dangerous grounds for me. But then again, my muses are not limited to one character... Maybe the drabble topics in the challenge section might awake the muse? Or - in case you have the History of Middle-earth series - browsing through the parts which are about the Lord of the Rings might tickle Boromir? Another thing, even though it is Aragorn related, the yahoolist of Aragorn Angst has a weekly prompt and the Teitho challenges associated to the group have nice writing ideas as well. Maybe that helps Smile

Maglor's bard & Celegorm's play pal

Nazgul #5 in charge anything liquid or edible things
Icon made by Carnage in c minor.
NeumeIndil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a live journal? User Marigold does a lot of challenges that have inspired some pretty awesome fics. There are entries all through the MEFAs that started with an answer to a Marigold's challenge.

Speaking of, reading through other people's stuff always gives me ideas. Maybe popping over to the MEFAs would bring your muse out of hiding? There are a lot of hobbit stories this year, but the Gondorian stuff I've seen and read so far was pretty good.

http://embullybreedrescue.org/
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Keep 'em coming ... keep 'em coming.

The prompts don't have to be Boromir or Gondor or even Men related (I have written other things, you know - and if not, then Arrow go here). It's all good if it inspires.

I think what I will do is go back and read the books, and possible have another go at the Silm, as soon as I come back from the Settlement of Jews in Sitka, that is - currently reading The Yiddish Policeman's Union by Michael Chabon which is incredible!!! He is an amazing writer ...

Thanks, again, friends - any more?

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhapsody wrote:
the yahoolist of Aragorn Angst

Ah! I was wondering what AA stood for. Thanks, Rhaps!

Ningloreth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi -- the Live Journal fanfic100 and 1-sentence challenges may be worth a look. If you want to join in the actual challenges you have to claim your fandom/character or pairing and be accepted, but you could always just use the prompts for inspiration.

The fanfic100 challenge is to write 100 'stories' (minimum 100 words) inspired by a table of 100 prompts provided. You can tackle the prompts in any order. My own effort has turned into a single long, rambling saga, which I've been doing for 2 years -- and I'm up to part 35 Smile

http://community.livejournal.com/fanfic100/profile

The 1sentence challenge is to write 50 sentences based on 50 prompts provided. (There are 5 sets). Again, you can use the prompts in any order, and you can write 50 tiny stories or a single story of 50 sentences or something in between.

http://community.livejournal.com/1sentence/profile

The theme sets are here:

http://1sentenceorder.livejournal.com/1531.html
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: