Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian brand new trailer!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haleth

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ania wrote:
Hey hasn't it been released in the US now? Anyone seen it?

I've seen it. I'd recommend it. It was darker than the first and you might want to screen it yourself before taking a young child. There are some rather intense scenes.

felis1215

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the movie and really loved it. I haven't read the books yet, but they've moved to the top of my list thanks to these movies.
LuthienTinuviel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they were Spanish pirates. The accent certainly is not pure Caucasian. More like American Latin. The dressing is also kinda gypsy like.

I liked the movie, and I think Ben Barnes is hawt!

RJLCyberPunk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuthienTinuviel wrote:
I thought they were Spanish pirates. The accent certainly is not pure Caucasian. More like American Latin. The dressing is also kinda gypsy like.

I liked the movie, and I think Ben Barnes is hawt!

Umm... This may come as a surprise but Anglos are not the only Caucasians around you know? Rolling Eyes There's plenty of hispanics that have blonde hair and blue eyes and Hispanics also aply to the people from Spain who are very much Caucasian for the most part and also just because some people have dark hair as opposed to blond hair does not make them instantly not caucasian!

Anyway I saw the movie and as another poster said it is quite intense and I would not recomend it for small kids aged say 6 to 11. The battle scenes are incredibly realistic complete with blood spurting out every now and then! Otherwise the movie was awesome and I highly recomend it!

This franchise is turning out to be as good as the LOTR one now and it should keep our appetites satiated until they come up with the Hobbit trilogy in film...

[b]The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends![/b] John 15:13
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CrossOver_Fanfics_R_Us/?yguid=186380527
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Eyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally seen "Prince Caspian" - twice! Very Happy I first went to the premiere (which was here in Iceland on June 1Cool, and then I went again last night! I will definitely be buying the DVD (I already own the first movie on DVD).

Anyway, I thought this movie was excellent! In many ways better than the first one (althought that one was great too). The only "faults" were probably things that I imagine mostly book-purists would complain about, such as scenes from the books skipped, and other non-canon scenes added. But everything else was perfect. Acting, script, costumes, set, computer graphics - I loved it all. I think especially the Pevensie actors are getting better and better. Especially Georgie Henley, she is just adorable! And getting more beautiful as she grows up. Smile

Speaking of the actors, yes, Ben Barnes is definitely hawt! Drool Bucket Yes, it's true that in the book Caspian is blonde and not older than 15, and first I wasn't too sure when I saw the poster ("hmm, a dark-haired, 20-ish Caspian? Naaah"). But Barnes was so good so I didn't mind. He seems to be a fine actor; does anybody remember him from "Stardust" where he played a small role? Smile

And speaking of "hawt" Narnia guys, just when did Skandar Keynes grow up? Shocked It looks like both he and William Moseley are going to have to watch out for the ladies in the future. Twisted Evil Adorable young men, don't you think? Smile

By the way, those of you who have seen the movie, what did you think of all the Susan/Caspian stuff, especially that much-talked-about kiss? Personally I didn't mind it, I just thought it was innocent and cute. I mean, Susan IS supposed to be a beautiful girl after all. Smile I thought it was all very well handled and innocent. And the hug at the end - awwww. Heart Cry

I liked the Spanish conquistador-era costumes on the Telmarines. Funny, I had never really thought of how the Telmarines were supposed to look like, but I liked them in the movie. - I look forward to how they will handle the Calormens in "The Horse And His Boy" if they ever make it (which I hope!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: