Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Any Doctor Who fans?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FallingIntoStrangers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Any Doctor Who fans? Reply with quote

OMG well I haven't been on here in a while, and thought I would come back.

Anyhoo, any of ya'll obsessing over Doctor Who, and the yumminess that is David Tennant?

Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you! Welcome back. Smile

I haven't watched since he became the new doctor (nothing to so with him; more that my schedule has been too hectic for me to watch much tv), but I have the last couple of series on my Netflix queue.

So what's the deal with him? Why is everybody in lurve with him? I liked Christopher Eccleston well enough, but Tennant really has the fangirls going.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
elea24

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viv wrote:

So what's the deal with him? Why is everybody in lurve with him? I liked Christopher Eccleston well enough, but Tennant really has the fangirls going.

He's just absolutely adorable - not only in what he brings to the character but also the actor himself. Really funny and genuinely likable guy.

I certainly wouldn't pass up the chance to lay my hands on him Fallen angel
MysteriousWays

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooo ME! ME!!!

I luvs Dr Who and david Tennent!! Poor guy has women falling in love with him all the time. I missed some episodes and I am trying to catch up.

My son tells me that David is leaving and Billy Piper is coming back. Can't wait to see how all that is going to unfold.

dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Tennant is leaving. Not sure yet who will be the new Doctor but should find out in a Christmas special, I'm told.

I never watched the series really, just a few EPs here and there but I always thought Eccleston brought something... 'sexual' to the character. Edgier. Can't say Tennant was doing that. At least not to me.

Apparently Robert Carlyle was said to be on the list of the possibles but now that he's been confirmed as a lead on the new Stargate spinoff (SG: Universe), I guess he must be out of the running.

Anyone caught him in that 24 movie 'Redemption'? He was the man.

do.

~ Daniel Bélanger
Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Eccleston and haven't watched it since he left (not because of that, actually, but because his leaving coincided with the birth of my kids, so I suddenly had a lot less time to watch TV). Have NetFlixed the last couple series, so I'll catch up eventually.

I wish they wouldn't change doctors at the drop of a hat. Didn't the earlier docs stay longer?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ania

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tennant is such a lovely guy, I met him last year when he was filming 'Einstein and Eddington' and he's a really friendly guy, very patient with the ridiculous amount of publicity that he got as Doctor Who.

I agree with what you said about Eccleston, he gave the doctor a sexiness and a kind of 'bad boy' quality I thought, kind of roughened up a squeaky clean image. What I like about Tennant as the doctor is the likability about him but also him kind of cheeky boy persona, in my mind, he does the doctor really well. He just seems to have the right balance with his approach to the character. Though I'm finding it diffcult to put my finger on it...
Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so last night I saw the first David Tenant-as-the-Doctor episode (The Christmas Invasion) and he was OMG-wonderful. Too sharpy, too sassy, too everything, but so smooth in his over-the-topness that I am completely hooked.
Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Aaaand now I've seen every single Tennant episode -- several times -- and adore him. Adore in that fangirly would-love-to-be-stuck-in-an-elevator-with-him sort of way. Yes.

My jury is still out on Matt Smith, and I like Amy Pond (character? actress? can't decide) not at all. Something in their interaction just seems ... too adolescent for the Doctor.
SpaceWeavil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My jury's still out on Matt Smith as well. I don't dislike it but I think I'm still pining for Tennant. I'm waiting to see what the new series / specials bring.

SW

Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space! So good to see you 'round. You still writing Doctor goodness? pleasesayyes
SpaceWeavil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viv wrote:
Space! So good to see you 'round. You still writing Doctor goodness? pleasesayyes

Not for a wee while, haven't actually been writing anything much, but I'm getting back into the swing of things, hopefully Smile

Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceWeavil wrote:
Viv wrote:

Not for a wee while, haven't actually been writing anything much, but I'm getting back into the swing of things, hopefully Smile

Squeee!
Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the first episode of the new series, "The Impossible Astronaut," last Saturday. River Song really is charming. I loved her with her little six shooter. Don't really want to say much else about it though, since I'm not sure what folks think about spoilers. Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: