Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

2 new bunny babies: When Earth and Middle-earth meet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaneDoe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: 2 new bunny babies: When Earth and Middle-earth meet Reply with quote

Bunny Baby #1 is a new twist on an old idea. We have all read about the "girl who falls into Middle-earth," but what about the "Middle-earth native who falls to Earth"? Of course, you don't have to limit yourself to a single character. Maybe the ship sailing for Valinor at the end of LotR took found out that the Straight Road isn't so straight after all.

Baby Bunny #2 is also a new twist on an old idea. Most of the "girl who falls to Middle-earth" stories tell things from the girl's perspective. But what about telling things from the native point of view? We don't see anything of what the "immigrant" is thinking and feeling, only how everyone acts and reacts around this strange newcomer.
Malinwen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuing on baby #1: I've been thinking about something like that for ages. Ever since I had the craziest dream you can get, about orcs invading your classroom, lol. So, why not put the whole setting on the shoulders of a teenage girl/boy who gets a visit during one of the tought classes (chemistry or maths would do, *g*) and then finds some of the other guys/girls from ME. Twould be interesting to see how creative someone would be to conceal Hobbits in the modern world. They are the height of children after all.
Ottis413

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 new bunny babies: When Earth and Middle-earth meet Reply with quote

JaneDoe wrote:
Bunny Baby #1 is a new twist on an old idea. We have all read about the "girl who falls into Middle-earth," but what about the "Middle-earth native who falls to Earth"? Of course, you don't have to limit yourself to a single character. Maybe the ship sailing for Valinor at the end of LotR took found out that the Straight Road isn't so straight after all.

Baby Bunny #2 is also a new twist on an old idea. Most of the "girl who falls to Middle-earth" stories tell things from the girl's perspective. But what about telling things from the native point of view? We don't see anything of what the "immigrant" is thinking and feeling, only how everyone acts and reacts around this strange newcomer.

Just finished a short story based more-or-less on bunny #1, so JaneDoe gets the credit (or blame) for inspiring this one. When I sent it off to be Bated I had called it 'A Stranger in a Strange Land', but I think 'A Stranger among us' would be a better title.
I'll post it as soon as it's bated and tidied-up. Smile

The child is grown, the dream is gone.
Pink Floyd, Comfortably numb
OSA Nazgul#8. The little Nagzul wot cud spall (Don't call me the redneck Nazgul, I prefer the term 'Appalachian Nazgul')
Rhapsody

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: 2 new bunny babies: When Earth and Middle-earth meet Reply with quote

Ottis413 wrote:
When I sent it off to be Bated I had called it 'A Stranger in a Strange Land', but I think 'A Stranger among us' would be a better title.
I'll post it as soon as it's bated and tidied-up. Smile

Don't forget to SSP it Ottis, it sounds like a marvellous bunny. Any correlation with Heinlein and the above mentioned title of the book?

Maglor's bard & Celegorm's play pal

Nazgul #5 in charge anything liquid or edible things
Icon made by Carnage in c minor.
Ottis413

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, no Heinlein, but how about Elrond in a 1930's era suit and tie? Confused
(The story is based in 1933 England)

The child is grown, the dream is gone.
Pink Floyd, Comfortably numb
OSA Nazgul#8. The little Nagzul wot cud spall (Don't call me the redneck Nazgul, I prefer the term 'Appalachian Nazgul')
SpiritoftheGauntlets

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be cool for bunny #1 is if the ME characters who fall into our time can only be seen by one or two people. A fic like that could have all sorts of fun issues. Twisted Evil
ellaava

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunny is a perfect for the babies...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: