Lost Password?

Create New Account

The Letters of Tolkien?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Location: Busy Being the Queen Of Everything.. And Trying to Catch the Yoda-Copter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: The Letters of Tolkien? Reply with quote

Howdy Ya'll (for Mora's endless amusement)

I recently purchased a copy of the Letters of Tolkien and I began reading it. One of the first things I noticed was that it is absolutely adorable! They have letters that he wrote to his wife (when she wants his wife yet) and I loved these two quotes:

"I had to pay a duty call to the Rector in the afternoon which was very boring. His wife really is appalling! I got away as soon as possible and fled back in the rain to my books."

Isn't that precious? It's just so... real. I have always had a hard time picturing him as a real guy, rather than the creative genius I have put upon the highest pedestal.

Another one I thought was cute:

"I have done some touches on my nonsense fairy language - to its improvement.

I often long to work on it and don't let myself 'cause though I love it so, it does seem such a mad hobby!"

I love that! It was a mad hobby for him, and how a madder hobby for us Very Happy Ah the creative process...

Anyway, I just wanted to know if perhaps anyone else had the book and was willing to share anything they thought jumped out at them?

-The Queen of Everything - so dubed by Aerin

-"My ultimate fantasy is to entice a man to my bedroom, put a gun to his head and say, 'Make babies or die'."

-"The Pope! how many divisions has he got?" - Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: edu Reply with quote

Open scrolls have been good topics for the discussion among the professors of the town. This has been normal story for the coverage and custom essay editing is inducted with the request of the strollers for all rightly conveyed items for the humans.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: