Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Where's the love?!? An Olorin (Gandalf) fic challenge...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FallingIntoStrangers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Where's the love?!? An Olorin (Gandalf) fic challenge... Reply with quote

Gandalf needs love too, peeple...!!!!

I challenge writers to write a fic about Olorin (Gandalf) in which love abounds...heh heh heh...

Olorin has just been sent by the Valar to aid Elves and Men, and is now Istari, a Wizard, gandalf the Grey. Though the other Istari settle in one place, Gandalf wanders Middle Earth and befriends Elrond, the Lord of imladris, another Ring Wearer. One night, after too much wine, Gandalf tells Elrond the story of his 'life'.

Flashbacks to when he was a Maia of Valinor and loved another...

I would assume that Olorin and Gandalf have two dramatically different physical appearance, though perhaps the same personality. Olorin would be less grumpy and less cryptic.

Can set it any time before he left.

The female can be any defined Maia from the Silmarillion, or can be an original character.

Should be powerful, passionate romantic love... possibly leading to heartbreak... you decide. If you want to add it to one the of the many reasons he left Valinor, feel free to do so.

Or maybe he's the who who breaks her heart because he is leaving paradise and might not ever come back (though obviously he does much later).

It's all up to you peeps!

Good luck!

Any questions feel free to email me at fallingintostrangers@yahoo.com or just leave me a message.

I have other non-romance Olorin(Gandalf) ideas up for grabs if anyone is interested. Bunny
Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you mind if we issued this challenge through the Challenges section of the site? Just let me know if you're interested, and I'll stick it in there. (Great challenge, by the way!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FallingIntoStrangers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I didn't realise how I had worded it. I meant it to just be an adoption for one writer. But now that I think about it, I think it would be fantastic idea if anyone who wanted to, can write a Olorin or Gandalf romance story.

Yeh! So anyone can use what I wrote in the above post, or just make up their own story. I really love Gandalf, and the idea of who he was before he came to Middle earth has always intrigued me, as I am sure it has intrigued others. So yeh, go ahead and make it a challenge to write a romantic Gandalf or Olorin ficcie...

Feel free to add it to the list... I have another idea or two, but I might just write those myself... If I change my mind I will add them at some later point..
SpaceWeavil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I just finally finished one WIP and am seriously thinking of abandoning another, so does anyone mind if I take this up? I've not got exactly the same idea as is written above, but just the general Gandalf-meets-girl sort of idea, and a bit of his pre-Arda history. My idea might not come to anything, but I thought it would be interesting to see where it goes.

So, anyone object?

LuthienTinuviel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Published my entry.

Many thanks to my betas Elandriel and SpaceWeavil.

Gandalf's Heart
http://www.openscrolls.net/fanfic/story.php?no=1589

Lingua

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is amazing...I just started on a Gandalf love story as a stand-alone backstory to an epic collaborative fanfic. Guess here would be a good place to post it. huh. Means I will have to get to work finishing it.
KennethRoss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Nice Reply with quote

Net growth and all offers have been counted for the fragility of the elements. The term is done for the use of the <a href="https://www.australian-writings.net/">australian-writings.net</a> for all perfect items for the people. The size is done for the identification of the mobile items for the humans.
JakeHugh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love is the main thing by which a person like other. Love comes from the heart of the body because love teaches the lesson of Altruism. I prefer to check essayontime review which will helpful to the students. Love invigorate and potent the relations by which there would be a unity between the lovers.
TonySelah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As being a Newcomer, We are forever looking at on-line pertaining to content that could be involving be an aid to us. Thanks a lot. Accountants Crawley
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: