Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

How obsessive of a fan are you? ie Collectibles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: How obsessive of a fan are you? ie Collectibles Reply with quote

What LOTR collectibles do you own? Do you find yourself strolling down the aisles of ToyRUs or Target hoping hope against hope they have gotten a new shipment of LOTR figures in so you can finally get that missing one? Do you stay in the Barnes and Nobles for hours reading all of the magazine articles on LOTR or the actors simply because you cannot possibly buy them all each week.

Hmmm Hmm....obsessive or just mildly fanatical? Hmmm

At what point did you realize that maybe, just maybe, you had an addiction worse than crack???

Okay that being said - here is my list of collectibles as it is.

DVDs, CD, and Games:
LOTR - FOTR Extended Ed. DVD
LOTR - TTT Extended Ed. DVD
LOTR - ROTK regular ed. DVD (I am getting the EE for Christmas but my hubbie will not let me watch it until then - b*stard)
TTT Playstation 2 Game
ROTK Playstation 2 Game
All three CDs
War of the Ring game for PCs

Toys - still in packages of course!:
Action figures - King of the dead, Witch King (both from the FOTR and from ROTK) and the Coronation Set (Eowyn, Eomer, Arwen, Aragorn, and Faramir during the coronation) - I just started getting these this Christmas
12 inch Dolls - Arwen - both riding outfit one and the white dress one and Galadriel

Magazines, Books, Stamps, Posters, Etc.:
Empire magazines for the release of each movie
Collectible cards with LOTR Stamps from New Zealand
Posters - all three movies
Lord of the Rings Fan Club magazine for the last year or so
Collectors ed. LOTR books
Paperback - Hobbit, Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales - not read any of them though Embarassed

Jewelry:
Noble's Collection - Evenstar Pendant
Noble's Collection - LOTR charm bracelet
Fellowship of the Ring collectible watch from England
Two Towers collectible watch from England

Others things:
LOTR Cigar Purse
Handmade LOTR purse - Arwen and Aragorn
Burger Kings lightup glasses from the FOTR
FOTR collectible plate
ROTK - white tree banner/flag
Elvish banner (like flag)

And of course - my Elvish tattoo. (No it does not say 9!!) It is a dedication to my father in Elvish so that only certain people would know what it said.

Okay - I think I am on of those "obsessive fans".

Nagzul #2 - The Nazgul of Shmoove
Crucio! Because stupidity should be painful!
http://alikat7.livejournal.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SpaceWeavil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if I'm obsessive. I should possibly take a snap of my flat and post it on photobucket, so people can decide Cool

In terms of collectibles, I have;

DVDs / VHS

All 3 films on VHS
RotK theatrical version on DVD
All 3 EE on VHS and on DVD
Lord of the Rings: FOTR National Geographic thing on DVD

GAMES

RotK for PS2
TTT for PS2
FOTR for PS2 (non movie version)
The Hobbit for PS2
LOTR: The Third Age for PS2

ACTION FIGURES (well, here we go...)

2x Prologue Elrond
Elrond of Rivendell (those on mantelpiece)
Morgul Lord W-K (currently on coffee table)

Then on my little table thing; (in rows, so just saying em as I see 'em) Sam, Coronation Gimli, Pippin, FOTR Gimli, Merry, Frodo, Gil-galad, Coronation Eowyn, Mouth of Sauron on horse, another FOTR Gimli for some reason, Helms Deep Legolas, Arwen FOTR, Arwen coronation, Galadriel, Haldir, Prologue Elven Warrior, Moria Orc, Lurtz, Elendil, Eowyn in a purple frock, Helms Deep Aragorn, Black Gate Aragorn, Theoden in armour, King Elessar Aragorn, Wormtongue, Strider Aragorn, Coronation Eomer, Gandalf the White, Gandalf the Grey, FotR Legolas, Saruman, Twilight Witch King, Ordinary Witch King, 2xRingwraiths, talking Sauron, Coronation Faramir, TTT Faramir in armour, Boromir in armour, 2 x FOTR Boromir

12 " figures: Eomer (on floor by the PS2 console) and the Witch King (on top of my law textbooks)

Also AOME Sauron, Elendil and Isildur, Burger King Elrond, Kinder Surprise Elrond, a Warhammer Elrond (unpainted), a Galadhrim warrior, Eomer and Aragorn 2 1/2" figure set I got from a shop in town.

Also lead models: Gandalf the Grey, Wormtongue, Eowyn, Eomer, Rohan soldier, Strider, Gimli, Galadriel, Gandalf the White, Elrond, Legolas, Frodo and Sam, Boromir, Denethor, King of the Dead, Ringwraith and Witch King

JEWELLERY

Elvish 'silver love ring' (Lost the card that said what it said and it's too small to read the tengwar, but it looks like a silver 'One Ring')
Nenya ring
Evenstar pendant
Butterfly pendant thing supposedly inspired by Arwen's brooch
Cheapo gold-plate One Ring in light up volcano Cool

POSTERS
Map of ME with photos of the cast all around it
Big Gandalf the White poster (free from Woolworths)
'Fellowship' poster with silhouettes
TTT Movie poster
'Forces of Light' poster signed by 16 cast

MAGAZINES etc

About 15 or 16 'LOTR Collectors models magazines'
Warhammer Middle Earth magazine, issue on Elrond (bought for the seriously lush photo on the cover)
RotK poster magazine

Also 2003 and 2005 desk calendars
2005 student planner
2005 Forces of Darkness calendar
2005 Forces of Light calendar
2005 silmline calendar (yeah, I went mad in the calendar store this year)

BOOKS
All 3 Visual guides
TTT Photo guide
Trilogy photo guide
Official movie companion (in hard and softback)
Art of the FOTR
Weapons and Warfare of Middle Earth
The Making of the LOTR Trilogy
Rough Guide to LOTR
FOTR little tiny guide to the movie (but it had photos of Elrond in)

Also the trilogy, Silmarillion, Hobbit, Unfinished Tales, some volumes of HoME, Elvish - a Guide (or something like that), Tolkien companion, some useless David Day books.

OTHER STUFF

Elrond statuette from Sideshow Weta (the full statue, not the bust)
LOTR 'Elrond' playing card signed by Hugo Weaving
LOTR trading card signed by Hugo Weaving (seeing a trend here?)
Elrond bookmark
Elrond costume card - bronze robe
Elrond costume card - Rivendell robe
Complete set RotK trading cards and update set with foils
Big box of Decipher cards
Soundtrack to TTT on CD
Elrond mousemat
Elrond and Galadriel lithographs
3 publicity photos (guess who of? Laughing )
Oh, and TTT Nokia mobile phone cover, (along with 'Eye of Sauron' operator logo and my own customised LOTR ringtone)

So does that make me obsessive?

Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say - you are definatly obsessive too. Laughing

I tried the Third Age game but couldn't get into it. Do you like it? Being in England you guys get much cooler stuff over there. I love Empire Magazine but it's like $10 here. I don't know how much that is over there.

I forgot to mention I have the Elvish Love Pendant - It says "One ring to show our love, one ring to bind us, one ring to share our love,and forever intertwine us." And I forgot all of the bookmarks - I have most of them.

I had the Nenya ring from Noble but it was so big (tall wise) I kept catching it on things. Since it was so expensive I sent it back. I love the Noble's collection - I want to get the Ring of Barahir, the light of Elendil, and the trilogy Holographic Image Chamber. I would love to get the chess set but who can afford it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thuriniel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a silver replica of "The One Ring". I wear it around my thumb. I think it's totally cool. Some ask me if the script is arabic Very Happy .
SpaceWeavil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alassante wrote:
Sorry to say - you are definatly obsessive too. Laughing

I tried the Third Age game but couldn't get into it. Do you like it? Being in England you guys get much cooler stuff over there. I love Empire Magazine but it's like $10 here. I don't know how much that is over there.

I forgot to mention I have the Elvish Love Pendant - It says "One ring to show our love, one ring to bind us, one ring to share our love,and forever intertwine us." And I forgot all of the bookmarks - I have most of them.

I had the Nenya ring from Noble but it was so big (tall wise) I kept catching it on things. Since it was so expensive I sent it back. I love the Noble's collection - I want to get the Ring of Barahir, the light of Elendil, and the trilogy Holographic Image Chamber. I would love to get the chess set but who can afford it?

I got as far as Rohan in the Third Age game before I got completely bored with it. I prefer the other ones. The Third Age is more like one of those trading card RPGs. The Gondorian character was actually quite cute though, for an animation Cool

I also forgot, I have a RotK watch that I got free when I bought the DVD and a RotK T-shirt. I'm getting Hadhafang next year Very Happy

VanatheEverYoung

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think SpaceWeavil has me beat, but maybe I can come in second or third ....

DVDs / VHS

All 3 theatrical versions on DVD
All 3 EE on DVD

GAMES

Since I don't have any gaming system ... I have boardgames!

2x Trivial Pursuit
Trivial Pursuit DVD edition
ROTK Chess Set (I don't know how to play chess)
2x Stratego
2x Monopoly
2x Risk
Checkers
2x WAR card game from TTT
All 3 movie board games
3-D puzzle Hobbiton
3-D puzzle Meduseld
3-D puzzle Minas Tirith Citadel

ACTION FIGURES (well, here we go...)

Legolas as Ken & Galadriel as Barbie

Legolas w/ Rohan Armor, Legolas FOTR, Helm's Deep Legolas, Strider, Helm's Deep Aragorn, King Aragorn, 111th Birthday Bilbo, Traveling Bilbo, Twilight Ringwraith, Witch-king, W-K Morgul Lord, Smeagol, Merry in Armor, Pippin in Armor, Frodo FOTR, Frodo with Sting, Shelob Attack Frodo, King Elendil, Prologue Elven Warrior, Galadriel, Elrond of Rivendell, Prologue Elrond, King of the Dead, Gandalf the Gray, Faramir in Gondorian Armor, Boromir FOTR, Haradrim Archer, Berserker Urku-hai, King Theoden in Armor, Eowyn, Eomer, Fell beast w/ W-K and Eowyn, Treebeard, Coronation Gimli

JEWELLERY

wtf That stuff is expensive. I don't have a job. I'm too busy writing LOTR fanfic.

POSTERS

Legolas ROTK door poster (but I don't have a door to my room)
Aragorn ROTK on horseback in Gondorian armor
Legolas in Rohan Armor
Gandalf the White in battle
Prologue Elves

MAGAZINES etc

Hmmm ... I don't really collect magazines

BOOKS

LOTR trilogy
Silmarillion
Unfinished Tales
The Hobbit

OTHER STUFF

2004 Calendar
3 Leggy magnets on my mini-fridge

So, am I obessed? I've collected all of this stuff in the course of exactly one year. Well, a year and a day. Yesterday was the anniversary of my conversion into fandom. Heart

"All flowers spring as she passes and open if she glances upon them; and all birds sing at her coming."
SpaceWeavil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Galadriel barbie! I want that Cool Not so sure about the Legolas one though. Didn't like it the same.

My jewellery isn't the expensive stuff though. It's the 'budget' model they made of things. Nenya was a present for passing my property law exam this month, so that doesn't count in expenses. Cool

Also forgot my Elrond fridge magnet and I have a poster of Aragorn on horseback on the back of my main door (got that one free with a magazine I think. The poster, not the door Laughing ) And I have a fell beast (which is where one of my ringwraith figures came from) but it's broken. It's tail wouldn't fit on and then it fell off the computer monitor and its wing broke. Tried to fix it. Gave up. It now lives on top of the hall cupboard in a sorry state.

Happy fandom anniversary. I think mine must be about now as well, though I can't honestly remember when I started collecting stuff.

Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SW - I loved the Two Towers PS2 game and kicked butt on it. When I got the ROTK game - it kicked my butt all over the place. I finally got everyone almost to the final stage and my son - love him but wanted to kill him - left the memory card out of the PS2 and the dog chewed it up. Now I am back to the second level on everyone. I hated the third age where you picked a person to fight then you smack them one time and then you waited for them to smack you back on their turn. Give me a sword or a bow and let me smack them myself!!

Van - Noble's is expensive but they do have a payment plan. I got the Evenstar pendant and the Nenya together so it was enough to spread it over three payments but then I sent Nenya back so my payments went down alot. I got them for Christmas or I wouldn't have gotten them at all. My charm bracelet was for a birthday or something like that. But it is expensive. There is a guy here who has replicas of all of the swords that are dead on and his are like 1/2 price of the Noble's ones.

I wanted the Barbie for Aragorn and Arwen. Now I want Galadriel but they are too expensive and I missed the Arwen/Aragorn one since they don't sell them anymore except on Ebay for a lot more. Crying or Very sad

SpaceWeavil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alassante wrote:
SW - I loved the Two Towers PS2 game and kicked butt on it. When I got the ROTK game - it kicked my butt all over the place. I finally got everyone almost to the final stage and my son - love him but wanted to kill him - left the memory card out of the PS2 and the dog chewed it up. Now I am back to the second level on everyone. I hated the third age where you picked a person to fight then you smack them one time and then you waited for them to smack you back on their turn. Give me a sword or a bow and let me smack them myself!!

That's what I hated about the Third Age. You get one shot then the orcs get about 500. I prefer games where you get to smack things with swords.

I've never done Orthanc in TTT. Keep dying on the last level. But I've finished RotK and got through the two palantir levels. I love playing as Faramir, and as Pippin, because Pippin actually runs between the Uruk-Hais' legs and whacks them from behind. Laughing
TTT though, the only thing that really annoyed me was the Prologue in the Last Alliance, where you play Isildur and have Elrond skipping around you all the time shouting supposedly helpful hints. I got to the stage where I left the orcs alone and started trying to kill Elrond, but it wouldn't let me. The Hobbit game is great though, as is the Fellowship (non movie) one.

I saw that Aragorn and Arwen set on ebay yesterday but it was £95. Slightly beyond my budget at the moment, (until my next student loan cheque comes in) Cool

queenoftheshire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum...What do I have...

DVDs:
FOTR Theatrical
FOTR EE
TTT Theatrical
TTT EE
ROTK Theatrical
ROTK EE
The Master of the Rings (A 3 or 4 part LOTR Documentary.)

Books:
The LOTR Trilogy (Duh) 1st Authorized Edition and Movie Softcover
Meditations on Middle Earth
The Hobbit
Atlas of Middle Earth

CDs:
TTT OST
ROTK OST

Games:
ROTK PS2 Game
(Pre-Movie) FOTR Computer Game

And one Map of Middle Earth Poster. Smile

Of course, if we're also counting things on our computer...

13 folders (Catagorized with LOTR Cast member pics and movie related pics)
3 different desktop themes
18 LOTR related Wallpapers
10 LOTR Related Bookmarks

Very Happy I'm sure there's more...I just can't think of them all. Smile

EDIT

I remembered another one!!!

I have a book of magnetic postcards with LOTR paintings on them.

I'm coming for you..
I'm the shadow in the corner of the room.
I'm the reason you feel sick in the morning.
I'm the panic attack, at the end of the day.
I loved you.
And now you're gone.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queen of the shire -

The verse in your signature - what's that from??

DarkElfChilde

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'll be easier for me to take several pictures of my room instead of listing all I have...after I clean my room of course.... Rolling Eyes

- Lazy ass DEC

queenoftheshire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alassante wrote:
Queen of the shire -

Oh!
Very Happy
That's Dom's song called 'Shadow'
You know...from the album he did with Viggo and Bucket Head?
Smile
I downloaded the song...it melts me.

I'm coming for you..
I'm the shadow in the corner of the room.
I'm the reason you feel sick in the morning.
I'm the panic attack, at the end of the day.
I loved you.
And now you're gone.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vilwarin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let me see:

DVD:
FoTR SEE
TTT SEE
ROTK SEE Collecters Box
National Geograpphic Beyond the movie ROTK

COMPUTER:
Multimedia Studio TTT
Battle for Middle-Earth
Own blends
Wallpapers
Fanfiction
Pics
Music
Bookmarcks
But since I had a mayo computer crash, I have much less than I used to

CD:
Soundtrack
Music inspired by LOTR
BBC Audio-Book

POSTER:
Aragorn
Aragron, Arwen and Éowyn
Fellowship

Other:
Calendar 2004
Stickers
Map with characters around
Pieces from News Articles
Surprise Egg figures
Trading Cards
The One Ring
Three elvish Button saying: Aiya! Le melin! and Quennan Eldarin!
A Fellowship Silver coin
An ever-growing collection of lead-figurs (21 as of yet)

BOOKS:
LOTR English and German
2 Elvish-German grammer+dictionaries
Encyclopedia
Unfinished Tales
Silmarillion

That's about all I can think of at the moment

Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

queenoftheshire wrote:
Alassante wrote:
Queen of the shire -

Oh!
Very Happy
That's Dom's song called 'Shadow'
You know...from the album he did with Viggo and Bucket Head?
Smile
I downloaded the song...it melts me.

What song? I didn't know about any song. I want it!!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE .....I'll be good, I promise.

Whose Bucket head????

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: