Create New Account

Merry Christmas to everyone

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverMoonLady

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy happy holidays all!!
And more more more fun and friends at OSA for the next months and years!! Beer

To the mommas and daddies, good luck scraping the kids off the ceiling after too much candy and pie (mine are still swinging from the chandelier Very Happy )

Yavanie: Yay!!!!!!! I recall the year NJ saw so much snow we tunnelled from the house to the garage:))) Maryland this year was just plain Cold with no pretty snow to make it worthwhile.. But since I got the coolest/warmest pair of socks ever knitted by man or machine, I don't care! Laughing

Shelob the Cookie Baker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Eyborg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Pippin New Year! Tee Hee Hee! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoonRaven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: And to You Reply with quote

The happiest of holidays from the frozen North!
(but probably not as frozen as Eyborg!)

http://my.lisaviolet.com/laura/Xmas.html

A Quiet Life
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Eyborg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... Very Happy Well, the temperature on my little island has somewhat gone up and down this last month, but it's basically the wind that has been bugging us... Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoonRaven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyborg wrote:
Well, the temperature on my little island has somewhat gone up and down this last month, but it's basically the wind that has been bugging us...

So, I just educated myself a bit about your hometown and I see that although you are a bit further north than I am (I'm at 59-40N) your weather today looks a lot like ours--windy and rainy. If you are like me, you probably prefer snow to rain in the winter. After all, snow brushes off--rain soaks in Razz

Our "official" weather--taken at the airport (often taken by me, as a matter of fact) can differ from what we have at home, as we live about eight hundred feet above and five miles west of town. The airport is warmer (being close to the bay, which rarely freezes over) and calmer (being sheltered from winds by the very bluff we live on)

I don't mind the winds all that much except when it screws up our television and/or power or blows so hard that it makes sleeping difficult.

Your daylight hours are about the same as Fairbanks or Nome here in Alaska (both places I have lived) so I know you are right in the middle of those winter days where if you oversleep, you miss the sun...lol Well, not quite but I remember many days of going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark when I lived in Fairbanks.

What winter holidays do you folks use to enliven the dark months?

A Quiet Life
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Eyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Moon Raven, for answering so late... doh. Embarassed

Actually no, I prefer rain over snow in the winter... the reason being, it snows so awfully much here during the winter, it gets so hard to get around! Especially for drivers... I don't have a car myself, but it's still difficult... Sad
A little bit of snow is nice though, if there isn't too much of it on the roads & pavements... Rolling Eyes
Oh and btw, Reykjavík is at 63°N. Wink

What winter holidays, you ask? Well... just Christmas, I suppose. Smile Nothing else, really.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: