Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

I knew it! About More LotR Coming Our Way!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thuriniel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: I knew it! About More LotR Coming Our Way! Reply with quote

Maybe this is old news for some of you, but I thought I would share:

... once the great ape tale is unveiled Dec. 14, he [Peter Jackson] has some unfinished Lord of the Rings business to tend to — such as an ultimate DVD collection of the extended versions of the Oscar-winning trilogy, not likely to arrive in stores for another two or three years.

"I don't want to add more footage," Jackson says. "There's as much in there as we want. Eventually you are just going to go backward and weaken the films." Instead, he would prefer to simply show the unused deleted scenes (and, yes, there are more than a few leftovers) and explain why they were cut.

The Rings master also would like to include feature-length documentaries, put together by longtime associate Costa Botes, on the making of the movies. "There are no commentary or interviews. It's like a reality TV show," Jackson says.

The largest still-untapped source of amusement are the bloopers — or "bleepers," as Jackson calls them. The flubs previously were shown only during private farewell tributes for major cast members as they took their leave of Middle-earth.

I just knew it ... they're going to be milking our money for years to come -- not that I'm complaining Very Happy ! ... and just wait, I don't care what PJ is saying know ... I'm sure we're yet to see the EE of the EE sometime in the future ... Laughing !

To read the whole article go to:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/2005-01-13-coming-attractions_x.htm

queenoftheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally!!
The bloopers I've been waiting for!!

Twisted Evil

I'm coming for you..
I'm the shadow in the corner of the room.
I'm the reason you feel sick in the morning.
I'm the panic attack, at the end of the day.
I loved you.
And now you're gone.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DarkElfChilde

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHAHAHA! The bleeping bleepers!!! Very Happy

- DEC

SpaceWeavil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! I wonder if it'll have that scene with Elrond and Arwen that was in the RotK trailer but not the film. And the bit in Caras Galadhon from TTT. Argh, the excitement.... Bounce
Texasgirl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beer cheers, everyone!

*Other co-founder of the "Howdy!" committee*

*Other co-founder of the official wtf foundation*
sofia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm so excited by that, I don't want to wait a few more years!
But I think that by letting us wait for a longer amount of time will give the whole lord of the rings craze another boost.
I want to see the scenes with Arwen and Elrond talking with Galadriel in Lothlorien.
SecretKeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*growls* Well at least I can buy it! I still have yet to own Lord of the Rings Return of the King (hopefully EE)....grr.......ah well here's to hoping! Thumb
queenoftheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-crosses fingers for more scenes to add to the oh so disappointing Faramir and Eowyn romance-

Please PJ, don't fail me!!

I'm coming for you..
I'm the shadow in the corner of the room.
I'm the reason you feel sick in the morning.
I'm the panic attack, at the end of the day.
I loved you.
And now you're gone.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sorcia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like really great news!
Bloopers! Bounce
Extra scenes Lurk
Am willing to pay homage to PJ
You rock

Silvae

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered it today - finally have enough money to buy it!! Could someone here who already has it give me a mini-spoiler of elven cut scenes? Pretty please? Smile
Eruanna

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: ROTK EE Reply with quote

Silvae wrote:
I've ordered it today - finally have enough money to buy it!! Could someone here who already has it give me a mini-spoiler of elven cut scenes? Pretty please? Smile

Not wanting to put too many spoilers, but the elf scenes are sorely lacking. Being a hardcore PEF, I was broken-hearted. Sad

And very little, yes, was done to show the developing relationship of Faramir and Eowyn. (sigh)

I just hope they include the Lorien battle scenes from FOTR. There are still shots ALL over the 'net of the wardens' taking on the orcs after the baddies cross over the Nimrodel in their dirty feet. There is actually a storyboard animation on the FOTR EE features. In the storyboard, Haldir outdraws one of the orcs and shoots him right in the head! Very Happy

I only wish they had more scenes of the trip to Caras Galadhon--it's a two-day trip, after all. The blindfold scene could have been played as hilarious--esp. with a comedian like Mr. Parker as Haldir. Wink

Finally, (spoiler) check out the costume gallery in ROTK EE and scroll down to Legolas. What beautiful clothes he has--looking every bit the fair Mirkwood prince! Very Happy

--Eruanna

Last edited by Eruanna on Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
GypsieRose

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It had darn well better have Faramir's healing scene on it somewhere, that's all I can say. I had been drooling ever since seeing that beautiful picture in the ROTK Photo Guide and was intensely disappointed (and shocked and mystified) when it didn't show up in the ROTK-EE.

--Rose
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Monarchsnake

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just a tad bit confused, Mister Jackson is going to do the ultimate EE of all the movies, but not for another two or three years?

Or Is he just doing a entire collection of deleted scenes and bloopers?

He should get together with Mister Mortensen and do something ultimately creative if that is the case.

I just put the ROTK EE in Lay away, which has the whole fifty extra minutes of footage.

Are there alot of goodies? and does it add to the storyline instead of taking away from it? Or Ruin it altogether?

Wouldn't happen to have Boromir Footage too would it?

And Extra Faramir? ^-^

Monarch Snake~

Silvae

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming back to this thread, I'll just drop by and conclude that, as happy as I am with my LOtR EE Trilogy... there is a sore lack of bloopers! Sad
Has anyone seen/heard of any?
Silvae

ghettoelleth

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ROTK EE Reply with quote

Eruanna wrote:
I just hope they include the Lorien battle scenes from FOTR. There are still shots ALL over the 'net of the wardens' taking on the orcs after the baddies cross over the Nimrodel in their dirty feet. There is actually a storyboard animation on the FOTR EE features. In the storyboard, Haldir outdraws one of the orcs and shoots him right in the head! Very Happy
--Eruanna

There's also a cut scene of Haldir and I believe Galadriel and Celeborn (can't remember for sure) discussing the decision to send Lorien elves to Helm's Deep and gives some insight as to why they decide to do it and why he agrees to go.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: