Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Hobbit love and Tolkien

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eruanna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Hobbit love and Tolkien Reply with quote

http://www.samwisegamgee.net/essay_love_intimacy_desire_hobbits1_caraloup.htm

Here is a site that deals with a scholarly look at Hobbit love. This is almost equal to Tyellas' famous "Elf Sex" essay.

--Eruanna

telcontarr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid!!!! Sad
SilverMoonLady

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't read the whole thing yet, but what exactly is 'Stupid!!!' about the essay?
Shelob the Cookie Baker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ghettoelleth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it very interesting and, although not all of it is canon, a little conjecture is thrown in, it makes me feel more comfortable about writing Hobbits in that it gives a lot of really practicle insight. PJ pretty much guaranteed that we viewed them as childish and, other than Sam, not seemingly overly interested in the opposite sex. I enjoyed it a great deal. Thanks Ru Big Hug
telcontarr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I found it rather stupid. You know what stupid means, don't you??? Rolling Eyes
ghettoelleth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you've enlightened us several times.
Maram68
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telcontarr wrote:
Well, I found it rather stupid. You know what stupid means, don't you??? Rolling Eyes

Dear Telcontarr,

I think you are not aware of the respect we offer each other on this forum, which is a minimum requirement for adult exchanging on interests we share.

Sincerely,
M.

Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telcontarr wrote:

Yeah - stupid is being rude to someone on OSA who is a long time member and well respected by all of us. You seem to be rather rude to someone who you don't know. As a newbie, you might not know this but we are respectful to other people on the forums even if we don't agree with them. And SilverMoonLady is one of the nicest members and a good friend of mine, I don't appreciate you being rude to her. As our resident Hobbit authority, I respect her opinion as well. Perhaps you could learn a few things from her.

Nagzul #2 - The Nazgul of Shmoove
Crucio! Because stupidity should be painful!
http://alikat7.livejournal.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
telcontarr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, my greatest apologies-
but I didn't notice I was being rude and rather found SilverMoonLady's comment a bit rude myself.
Well, I'll let you have your way.
Robbie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telcontarr wrote:
Oh no, my greatest apologies-
but I didn't notice I was being rude and rather found SilverMoonLady's comment a bit rude myself.
Well, I'll let you have your way.

Small warning - we'd already added you to the "watch/possible troll" list. Please have fun in the forum, but don't knock others without justification. "It's Stupid" is not an acceptable comment to a serious post. "It's stupid because... [it could never happen, that would never have arisen etc]" is acceptable. And your response "You know what stupid means don't you" is insulting.

Please respect members of the forum for their input, opinions and intelligence as you hope they would respect yours.

AngmarianRose

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telcontarr:
"Showing a lack of sense or intelligence" Oxford Dictionary. You dont have much sense by being obtuse without provocation (do you know what that means?) and your first post "stuipid" shows just how intelligent you are. so, anyone with half a brain would be able to come to the conclusion as to what is "stupid" in this thread. think about it sweetie. and dont be sarcastic, its just not polite
telcontarr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, I clearly get your point and am very grateful for your good advice, your majesty, wise master.
I for my part am also tired of all these not at all sarcastic comments from your side.
But obviously, sarcasm is ok on this forum only if one has written 100 replies or is an admin...
As I am obyiously not welcome here I will leave this forum and this site.
If you could please delete all my messages, and my profile, thank you.
Robbie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

telcontarr wrote:
Now, I clearly get your point and am very grateful for your good advice, your majesty, wise master.
I for my part am also tired of all these not at all sarcastic comments from your side.
But obviously, sarcasm is ok on this forum only if one has written 100 replies or is an admin...
As I am obyiously not welcome here I will leave this forum and this site.
If you could please delete all my messages, and my profile, thank you.

We'll delete your account - no worries. In fact, theres was no need to ask.

But just so you know, I'm not sarcastic when I post - sarcasm doesn't come across well and certain cultures just don't understand it either. We'll make sure your posts remain here, though, so others know what a stupid, arrogant, cock-assed little fuckwit you are.

Have a nice life.

ghettoelleth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pimp

Sooo, Sil. Do Hobbits take their tarts with or without Nutella? And do they also bite the walnut of the walnut whip and spit it at the cat?

AngmarianRose

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: yay!!! Reply with quote

we deleted her account!!!But i'm upset because i didnt get to thank her for naming me a wise master and your majesty. i really wanted to send her a message thanking her for her uplifting words and insightful contributions to OSA. *sigh* o well. i could have run her down with my crazy Shetland ponies!!!!!!

neways, as to my response to Ghetto's post getting this forum back to the origonal topic (kudos!) i have no idea lol. i need to read up on my hobbits.
Saruman the Shetland wrangler
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: