Lost Password?

Create New Account

Bright shiny newbie!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChristineX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhapsody wrote:
LOL Well you know, there are several options, there are some stories up there that might give you a good idea what is going on, just get a taste of it. I play at the VV with Celegorm and Maglor for example and it's fun, I love reading the stories and playing. Beta readers are always welcome too Very Happy

When I follow the link on the front page of this site, I go to a page that gives some info on what the VV is, but I can't see any stories. Are they now viewable by the general public (i.e., do you have to be signed up before you can go in and poke your nose around)?

SpaceWeavil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhapsody wrote:

*starts to watch the skies* Ut oh, Fluffy is on the loose... did he had dinner?

I think it's an equal worry if he has had dinner. You think getting dive-bombed by a pigeon is bad, have you seen the size of a fellbeast? Shocked

Rhapsody

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChristineX wrote:
Rhapsody wrote:
LOL Well you know, there are several options, there are some stories up there that might give you a good idea what is going on, just get a taste of it. I play at the VV with Celegorm and Maglor for example and it's fun, I love reading the stories and playing. Beta readers are always welcome too Very Happy

When I follow the link on the front page of this site, I go to a page that gives some info on what the VV is, but I can't see any stories. Are they now viewable by the general public (i.e., do you have to be signed up before you can go in and poke your nose around)?

I think they have to switch a few levers, the stories are not generally available for public. Patience young padawan Wink

Shocked okay, my inner Star Wars love has been seen to!

SpaceWeavil wrote:

I think it's an equal worry if he has had dinner. You think getting dive-bombed by a pigeon is bad, have you seen the size of a fellbeast? Shocked

Hmmmm, I think I blocked out the memory of that incident... Very Happy

Maglor's bard & Celegorm's play pal

Nazgul #5 in charge anything liquid or edible things
Icon made by Carnage in c minor.
SpaceWeavil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhapsody wrote:

Hmmmm, I think I blocked out the memory of that incident... Very Happy

Probably for the best.

SW

vladazhael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChristineX wrote:

Vlad, what kind of historical stuff do you do? I dabble in everything from Regency dance to SCA. And no, "I think I love you" isn't too forward -- just don't tell my husband.

I'm mostly a Rennie, not official SCA for sheer lack of discipline, but my friends and I do beat the tar out of each other quite often, I've done my share of wenchings, and I have more than my share of sharp pointies stashed about. I tend to be into the "ooo what strange garb can I make next?" aspect of it too - I've sewn or modified almost all of my own stuff and a bit for other people. In general I've been less active of late, as my own little group is college-based and I graduated a while ago, but I still show up for most of the events and parties, and I'm acquainted with a few of the regulars from some of the larger faires in the area.

Oh, and there's a touch of bellydance training in there somewhere as well.

**Vlad the Mouth of Sauron**
Piercings and creepy grins always available.
ChristineX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhapsody wrote:

I think they have to switch a few levers, the stories are not generally available for public. Patience young padawan Wink

Shocked okay, my inner Star Wars love has been seen to!

Well, the levers have been switched, but I still can't access any of it. I don't know if this site doesn't like Firefox or what, but I suppose it will eventually sort itself out.

Who you callin' "padawan"? I'm a loyal Imperial citizen! Wink

vladazhael wrote:
I'm mostly a Rennie, not official SCA for sheer lack of discipline, but my friends and I do beat the tar out of each other quite often, I've done my share of wenchings, and I have more than my share of sharp pointies stashed about. I tend to be into the "ooo what strange garb can I make next?" aspect of it too - I've sewn or modified almost all of my own stuff and a bit for other people. In general I've been less active of late, as my own little group is college-based and I graduated a while ago, but I still show up for most of the events and parties, and I'm acquainted with a few of the regulars from some of the larger faires in the area.

Oh, and there's a touch of bellydance training in there somewhere as well.

I'm not super-active in the SCA -- just go and hang out at certain events if they sound like fun and aren't too much of a drive. I'm a schizoid costumer, too -- I've got everything from bustle gowns to Imperial officers' uniforms hanging in my closet. (Unlike my husband, who has a lovely array of black robes to choose from, depending on whether he's dressing as a Ringwraith, a Sith lord, or Severus Snape.)

This year, however, I've been so lazy that I haven't even gone to the local Ren Faire, despite the fact that they moved it to just about five miles down the road from me.... Embarassed

vladazhael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I've been renfaire lazy myself too, ever since that hay allergy reared its ugly head.

Oh, and I've seen this VV trouble before. But after my difficulties, then Talonriva having the same issues, I now remember what to do. Razz You'll have to make sure you're signed out of OSA, then delete your browsing history, temporary internet files, etc., both from your browser options/properties *and* from the control panel separate from the browser. I know it seems redundant, but I swear I've seen it work. Once that's all cleared out, if you sign back in you should be able to get to the VV.

**Vlad the Mouth of Sauron**
Piercings and creepy grins always available.
Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vladazhael wrote:
Eh, I've been renfaire lazy myself too, ever since that hay allergy reared its ugly head.

Oh, and I've seen this VV trouble before. But after my difficulties, then Talonriva having the same issues, I now remember what to do. Razz You'll have to make sure you're signed out of OSA, then delete your browsing history, temporary internet files, etc., both from your browser options/properties *and* from the control panel separate from the browser. I know it seems redundant, but I swear I've seen it work. Once that's all cleared out, if you sign back in you should be able to get to the VV.

Patience evil twin. She posted that she didn't have access before I gave her access. lol She has access and instructions now so she should be all set.

See! I told you we're a friendly bunch X.

Nagzul #2 - The Nazgul of Shmoove
Crucio! Because stupidity should be painful!
http://alikat7.livejournal.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChristineX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alassante wrote:

Patience evil twin. She posted that she didn't have access before I gave her access. lol She has access and instructions now so she should be all set.

See! I told you we're a friendly bunch X.

Actually, I tried all that after I got the e-mail explaining how to I needed to clear my cache, cookies, etc., etc. Does this mean I should try all over again?

Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replied to your email with a suggestion. I'll keep an eye on the VV mailbox to see if you are able to get in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome ChristineX!

Try shift-F5 for a full refresh in Firefox...

do.

~ Daniel Bélanger
ChristineX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link in the e-mail didn't work, and I didn't see anything happen when I tried the shift + F5. Is that for Mac or PC? (I'm on a Mac using Firefox.)

Maybe this is God's way of telling me that I've got enough on my plate already. Confused

But thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions.

dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try control-R then. Didn't know you were on a Mac.

The site and link work fine. We just came to the conclusion that ISPs must be caching stuff as well, so while you can empty your cache, your stuck with theirs for a while. Could be up to 24 hours.

There's nothing we can do about it.

do.

~ Daniel Bélanger
ChristineX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, dolarabee. I think I'll let it rest overnight, then try again in the morning. Who knows what Time-Warner Cable might be doing with its caches....
Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChristineX wrote:
The link in the e-mail didn't work, and I didn't see anything happen when I tried the shift + F5. Is that for Mac or PC? (I'm on a Mac using Firefox.)

Maybe this is God's way of telling me that I've got enough on my plate already. Confused

But thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions.

Do knows all the tricks Very Happy And you'll get in. Bah, there's no such thing as too much on your plate is there? Shocked

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: