Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

CHALLENGE: MONTHLY THEME - TV-Show/Movie Story Challenge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FatiferousPoet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: CHALLENGE: MONTHLY THEME - TV-Show/Movie Story Challenge Reply with quote

Greetings everyone!!!

Rhaps and I have come up with a new, fun and (we hope) exciting Monthly Challenge for you!!!

Get on your thinking cap, take a peek below and WATCH OUT OSA!!! THAR BE WRITERS HERE!!!

The idea is simple: Smile
* Each month a new Theme Story Challenge will be posted
* There is NO WORD LIMITATION (this is not a drabble but a STORY Challenge)
* Each Theme will be loosely based so you can pluck from your mind your character(s) and your tales to tell

Sounds too easy to be true... right?

Well, IT IS!

-------------------------

Like the Drabble Challenge Threads, please post your theme suggestion ideas here.

Right now, Rhaps and I have come up with this rough outline of Months (so start thinking and having fun)!

October=Ghoulish Trick or Treating
November=Tales of thanksgiving
December=Holiday of light (Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/Yule)
January=New beginnings
February=Valentine's plight
March=Celebrate your roots (or being Irish)
April=April Fools
May=May day butterflies
June=Midsummer Magic
July=The long holiday
August= Back to school/work
September=September Blues

P.S. Do note that if there's a big, epic story you're dying to write about, ie Valentines Day Romance for February, this Challenge isn't about must start Feb 1 and finish by the end of the month. You can start now if you like.... but we won't be accepting submissions until that month's theme. When the challenge becomes active, and you aren't finished at the deadline, drop us a note and we enter the story in the challenge for you!

If you missed your story chance past the challenge date: No worries! We do plan to let it return every year!

Also, please only enter NEW stories. Nothing that's already been written.

Many thanks!
Love & Bunny Huggles - Poet and Rhaps!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rhapsody

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to the fun, we just issued the October challenge, so check it out in the challenge section!

Maglor's bard & Celegorm's play pal

Nazgul #5 in charge anything liquid or edible things
Icon made by Carnage in c minor.
Rhapsody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Monthly Challenge for November 2007: Tales of Thanksgiving Reply with quote

Where did the time go! Another month passed by and tomorrow we close our first monthly challenge (you still can submit your story though, the deadline passes at the 1st of November 2007 at midnight)! If you did start on a story featuring the October 2007 'Ghoulish Trick or Treating' challenge, but you might run late, let us know!

Viv wrote a beautiful Heroes piece for this challenge called Wings for a Sleeping Princess, thanks Viv!

Tomorrow it will be the 1st of November, many of us (I think) will be participating in the NaNoWriMo and perhaps this challenge might give you the inspiration to sit down and write a piece. Even if you're not participating in the NaNoWriMo, I hope that this monthly challenge might be interesting for you!

We proudly present:

Monthly Challenge for November 2007: Tales of Thanksgiving

November has always seemed to be a month of reflection, whether it is because of the days of remembrance at the beginning of the month with all saints and all souls, or the festival of Thanksgiving at the near end of November, there is a lot to look back upon in gratitude.

How would your character reflect back on his or her life, how would a crew celebrate such moments? Would Jayne express his gratitude to be a member of the Firefly crew? Would Archer give Porthos an extra bone for being a great companion? What about Aeryn Sun, would she reflect on the life and second chance Zhaan granted her by sacrificing herself? What would Yoda have to say to Luke about his past marred by sacrifices of others? These are just a few Bunny 's.

The deadline passes at the 1st of December 2007 at midnight.

Happy writing!

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NaNoWriMo

Question

Nazgul #3 in charge of ducking & sniggering

Garo golf a conu ned i eneth aran an ir ho delitha ad
RobinKa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NancyBrooke wrote:
Quote:
NaNoWriMo

Question

National Novel Writing Month

Smile

~*~

OSA Nazgűl #7: Binkerton the Polish Nazgűl.
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhhhh! Idea

Thanks ...

Nazgul #3 in charge of ducking & sniggering

Garo golf a conu ned i eneth aran an ir ho delitha ad
Rhapsody

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new month, a new monthly challenge! Let's hope this will inspire you!

Monthly Challenge for December 2007: Holiday of light

It does not matter in which manner you will be celebrating December this year: all events are devoted to the light. Whether it will be the longest night (Winter Solstice/Yule)), the kindling of lights for Chanukkah or sharing gifts under the Christmas tree with the lights on... That sounds ideal for this months theme.

Lets see what stories we can create around this theme, how would a character celebrate the holidays? All alone or would he or shee sharing gifts? Would a yule blog be placed in the fireplace? How would the Doctor look back on another Christmas season, would he think of Rose? What holiday traditions would Teyla have? What ritual would Willow perform for the Scoobiegang? Again, these are some ideas...

The deadline passes at the 2nd of January 2008 at midnight.

Happy writing people!

FatiferousPoet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JANUARY IS UP!!!!

Monthly Challenge for January 2008: New Beginnings

"May old aquaintance be forgot and never come to mind.... May old words that I don't remember always be sublime..."

Okay, so perhaps that's NOT how the song goes.... but hey... it's a new year, why not a new version?!?! (as I prepare myself for rotten fruit to be thrown)!

So, who in the TV / Movie Verse would you like to set fun goals for? Jayne to stop sleeping with Vera? The Malfoys to stop hating MudBloods? Maybe for Dean not to be so angsty? Oh wait, no... most like him that way. Wink Let's see what stories we can create around this theme and how would your favorite characters wipe the slate clean or change a flawed habit? Again, these are some ideas... We KNOW you can be even MORE creative!!!!!

The deadline passes at the 2nd of February 2008 at midnight.

As always, there's no word deadline or chapter fulfillment. You just sit down, type and GO!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentine's plight, now? Fun!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Monthly Challenge: All Things Reply with quote

Monthly Challenge for May 2008: All Things

Things we keep
Things we give away

Things we hide
Things we reveal

Okay, so we're a little late for May. Spring is in the air and, after being cooped up all winter, outdoursy things might have swayed our attention for a while. But we're back, and our usual monthly challenges will resume at the beginning of June.

Note that since the "All Things" challenge was issued late, it will run its course into June to give all participants a full month. The deadline will pass on the 13th of June 2008, at midnight.

Have fun!
Rhapsody

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: June Challenge is up Reply with quote

With the All Things challenge still open, we also want announce that June is up:

Monthly Challenge for June 2008: Midsummer Magic

June is here and Midsummer is approaching fast. In the spirit of Shakespeare's 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' we would like to challenge you to either write a work which is about a solstice event where the gates to an parallel/ alternative universe are opened or write a story set in a so-called parallel/alternate/mirror verse with all its facets (it might be mischievous, joyous or all about love). So yes, if you always wanted to write Willow in black leather again or your favourite character in the Terran Empire or Mirror Universe, or wanted to try and write the Firefly crew as its exact opposites (or any other crew or favourite tv/movie characters for that matter)... feel free to participate in this challenge.

The deadline passes at the 2nd of July 2008 at midnight and as always, there's no word deadline or chapter fulfillment! Happy writing!

Rhapsody

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With just a day to go to enter the Midsummer Magic challenge (if you need more time or suddenly have a bunny brewing, sign up! If the deadline passes and you still would like to enter a story, just contact the challenge admins at the OSA contact form.

July is here so we would like to issue the theme for July.

The long holiday

Summer (or winter) is here; many schools or colleges are closed for business. Ever wondered what your character might do on a vacation? Would some workaholics be forced like Bones or Bruce Wayne, or would some just simply revel in absolutely doing nothing (think of Hoban 'Wash' Washburne or Fox Mulder)? This challenge is just made for that, to explore how your chosen characters would entertain themselves during a holiday. Can you imagine them lounging with a cocktail or would they still check in at work every minute? Are your muses already nibbling? Feel free to participate!

The deadline passes at the 2nd of August 2008 at midnight.

Just keep in mind:

* There is NO WORD LIMITATION (this is not a drabble but a STORY Challenge)
* Each Theme will be loosely based so you can pluck from your mind your character(s) and your tales to tell

Have fun!

dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Monthly Challenge: Back to School/Work Reply with quote

You're all probably very busy with all the challenges taking place at the moment. Is your muse tickled enough?

But here's our Monthly Challenge: Back to School/Work

As the title suggests, it's 'back to reality' time. The Long Holiday is over and our characters have to go back to work/school. It'll be a blessing for the workaholic among them maybe but could be hell for others. How do they deal with it?

As we're late issuing this challenge, we've pushed the deadline to give you a full month to answer anyway.

End date is 18/09/08.

Don't forget, this is a story challenge, not a drabble. No word limit.

do.

~ Daniel Bélanger
dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Monthly Challenge: Spetember Blues Reply with quote

Getting depressed after a sunny summer and having to face the autumn season? What is actually bringing you down? Some would argue that the cooler weather helps them sleep, that the landscape dotted with bright, flame-coloured trees is a Kodak moment not to be missed. So what is having you singing the blues?

Note that this is not a drabble challenge. There is no word limit.

End date is 04/10/08.

If the deadline passes and you still would like to enter a story, just contact the challenge admins at the OSA contact form.
dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Keen to issue challenges? Reply with quote

While I'm here I might as well get into it. Due to RL reasons, both our TV/Movies challenge admins have had to step down. They did a fab job and we were really sad to see them go.

If anyone is interested in taking over, please contact us.

Many thanks,

do.

~ Daniel Bélanger
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: