Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

BSG back in April 2008

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: BSG back in April 2008 Reply with quote

Well, the Sci Fi channel and folks involved with BSG certainly know how to dampen enthusiasm. Apparently not only will the final season of BSG start in April, but there will be a long midseason break.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2007/10/battlestar-gala.html

I don't know what to think. I liked this series so much the first season, but last season was drippy, and the show's PTBs sure are making it hard to be a fan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? I'll wait for DVD. I should be all caught up by 2011 or something. Rolling Eyes

do.

~ Daniel Bélanger
Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the new episode aired in the U.S. last night. I honestly don't know if anybody on the planet is watching this show anymore (other than me). My thoughts:

Starbuck's back, and looking very pasty (wonder if that's a conscious decision by the makeup folks or if they just forgot how to make her look, you know, living). Anyhow, her line that she'd off Sam if she found out he was a Cylon: classic. I think she might be an envoy of the gods, or maybe even a goddess herself. (Just a hypothesis.)

There was way way too mcuh Baltar-is-Jesus crap.

Athena/Sharon is still hot. As is her hubbino, Agathon. They are good reason for watching show, yes.

Of the Final Five, only Tigh is at all interesting. Sam and them others are just ... boring characters.

Did they get all those extra vipers from the Pegasus or what? I recall them running out of vipers in earlier arcs, which nudged the whole making-of-the-Blackbird story. But now they have more ships than pilots, apparently. I don't remember how that happened. Is it, could it be ... that the show is internally inconsistent??!

Apollo should go back to flying jets. I don't think I can stand anymore of his impromptu philosophizing, even if this is the last season.

Please no more close-ups of Pres Roslin's cylon assistant! What a wafer-thin character who now suddenly has become so important that we need to see her giant nostrils in every other scene.

I like the mysterious link between Roslin and the cylons and their shared visions.

And oh, Roslin is staying in the Admiral's quarters, is she? I'm surprised that only Lee has commented on the fact.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anders, I love for the eye candy. Wouldn't want to lose him. And I'm so not into the whole Kara/Lee thing that I'm quite content when Starbucks goes back to Anders... but maybe that's just me. Smile

I haven't watch the episode yet. It's here, staring at me, but today is gardening day and later it's going to be vacuum day, and since it also happens to be Sunday, I doubt hubby would be impressed if I used part of the evening to watch BSG. He's not a fan and I guess Sunday evenings should be family-oriented. I'm gonna have to carry on chewing my nails 'til tomorrow...

Really looking forward to seeing Helo though. Can't wait!

do.

~ Daniel Bélanger
Ania

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am seriously disappointed that they brought Starbuck back, I mean, I loved her as a character before she died but now I just feel a little ... meh ... that's my brilliant articulate expression Wink I am seriously doubting this "messenger of the gods" thing that seems to be happening with her. I miss series 1 Startbuck, they're gonna ruin her Sad they should've let her remain dead. Though it devastated me when they killed her, it was a good death. sigh...
Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. I hinted that I might just give up on the show after tonight, but el hubby said we might as well watch the remainder eps as this is the last season. Feh.

Starbuck devolving into a wibbling *girl* with no hint of smexy cigar smoking or dude-wrangling -- ick!

Baltar becoming not only pointless comic relief but now comic relief with a Jesus complex -- ick.

Cylon coup d'etat by cute darker-haired Chairman Six -- mild yay.

Lee leaving -- so overwrought and melodramatic it hurt.

And if they arent' going where Starbuck tells them to, and they've already exhausted the lions-head-nebula theory of earthwardness, where the hoohah are they going now anyway?

And is Starbuck the Goddess Aurora?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: