Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian brand new trailer!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJLCyberPunk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian brand new trailer! Reply with quote

Yes the trailer to the sequel of The Lion, the Witch and the wardrobe is finally here:

Smile Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian trailer! Smile

The sequel takes on much darker tones than it's predecessor...

Well what do you thinkl? Very Happy

[b]The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends![/b] John 15:13
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CrossOver_Fanfics_R_Us/?yguid=186380527
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intriguing! and I do believe that was Jadis in the ice mirror reaching out to Caspian ... Hmmm
Nazgul #3 in charge of ducking & sniggering

Garo golf a conu ned i eneth aran an ir ho delitha ad
Eyborg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this trailer and I like it! And I actually think Prince Caspian is kind of hot... Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jurio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems interesting enough. I never even fully watched the first one though. Embarassed I read all the books and if they did a good job it should be good to watch. Cool
LuthienTinuviel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my, Prince Caspian is indeed HAWT!
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jurio wrote:
Seems interesting enough. I never even fully watched the first one though. Embarassed I read all the books and if they did a good job it should be good to watch. Cool

I thought the first movie was a fine representation of the book and I look forward to seeing the second. Tommy the Hub just saw the trailer before "I Am Legend" and said it was very violent. Now, whether that means the film will focus on the war between Old Narnia/Caspian and Telmarine/Miraz and its conclusion, or the trailer just did, I don't know. But I do know I will pony up my $9 to see it the film whichever the case ...

Ania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Susan is going to battle with Peter and Edmund at the Battle of Berunda though by the look of it. That should be interesting, although in the books, she and Lucy remain with Aslan...I guess that the image of a warrior Susan is more interesting to girls these days. The empowered girl figure seems to be an essential in fantasy these days.
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I just watched "The Last Legion" with Colin Firth, about a few stalwart Roman soldiers (sworn protectors of the boy Caesar) who traval (walk!) to Britannia in search of the last Roman Legion (hence the title) after Rome is sacked by the Goths. And part of this group was a totally gratuitous (but kinda cool) Indian warrior woman in it (personal guard of the traitorous Embassador from Constantinaple, donchaknow). I thought pretty much the same thing -
Ania wrote:
The empowered girl figure seems to be an essential in fantasy these days.

Enjoyed the movie, though. I only hoped to enjoy something entertaining while my husband was away and a bearded Colin Firth in armor fit the bill quite nicely.

Otherwise it was totally fluffy. Go ye with low expectations and enjoy.

LuthienTinuviel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who wouldn't wanna see women kick ass? Aishwarya Rai certainly outdone herself. A far cry from the usual Bollywood fare that she usually does (a lot of musical dancing), but it works to make her fight scenes realistic if a little overdone.
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly thought she was cool, but the idea was silly.

Ekard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not qualified to comment on Caspian's 'hawtness,' but I can wonder about hit looks.

IIRC, the Telmarines were originally a group of pirates who got shipwrecked on an island in our world, found a portal/gateway/whatever to Narnia on it, crossed over , and eventually conquered Narnia. My question is, does anyone know what nationality, if any, was specified for the Telmarines. I don't think Arabic, because they are represented by those whats-there-names in The Horse and His Boy. Any ideas? Caspian is not of European/white descent, because only the Pevensies were of that ethnicity, and they didn't have children ( hence, descendants) in Narnia.

Oh, and the White Witch should have nothing to do with this movie.

Miraz's mask looks very cool, although a bit impractical.[/i]
Alquawende

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't like how Caspian looks because the Capsian in Lewis's novel was blonde, not brunette. I'll see it though because Prince Caspian is one of my favorite novels out of the Chronicles and if the guy, who is Caspian, is a good actor I think I can move past the hair and age issue. I heard that the producers and director wanted to include fluffiness between Susan and Caspian. I do hope it doesn't happen in the movie because Caspian was younger than Susan in the book and he's destined to meet Ramandu's daughter in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader aka immediately after the novel, Prince Caspian.

Quote:
My question is, does anyone know what nationality, if any, was specified for the Telmarines. I don't think Arabic, because they are represented by those whats-there-names in The Horse and His Boy. Any ideas? Caspian is not of European/white descent, because only the Pevensies were of that ethnicity, and they didn't have children ( hence, descendants) in Narnia.

The Telmarines should be Caucausian because Caspian is a king of Narnia and in The Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe it says only a son of Adam is allowed to sit on Narnia's throne. And, a man like C.S. Lewis would probably write his characters as being white, especially if one thought of the times he lived in. Anyway, who said that the Pevensies were the only ones of the European/white descent in Lewis's world?
Alquawende

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant IF a good actor.
Ania

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ekard wrote:
I. I don't think Arabic, because they are represented by those whats-there-names in The Horse and His Boy. .[/i]

Calormens! I personally cannot wait for the Horse and his Boy, it's my favourite out of all these books. I only hope that they keep making them until they get to the Horse and his Boy, they stopped at the Silver Chair last time Sad
Ania

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hasn't it been released in the US now? Anyone seen it?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: