Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Twilight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ania

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Twilight Reply with quote

Sorry if someone's already posted about the Twilght series but I was just wondering whether anyone else has read them? I have just finished the first of the trilogy and I am absolutely hooked. Stephanie Meyer's characters, narrative style and overall portrayal of vampires are just so fresh and new. I personally don't normally read vampire books, but my friend persuaded me to buy Twilight and I have to say, the books are incredible.

Meyer's portrayal of the Cullens or very crudely, "good" vampires who deny their thirst for blood is so sensitively written without being overly sentimental, the quality of writing is just exquisite.

Has anyone else read these books? I think they're making a film of the first one right now, they are just brilliant!
Alquawende

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read Twilight and New Moon so far. I finished each in one day or night for New Moon. The series is great so far. I can't wait to read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. The two novels were both read and finished in the past four days. I borrowed them from my sis.
Ania

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really similar to me, I just finished Eclipse yesterday and am very sad to have finished the series, I've read all three in a fortnight. They are brilliant. Is there one called Breaking Dawn? I haven't heard of that one.
Alquawende

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking Dawn is book 4 of the Twilight series. In the U.S. where I live, it is to be released on August 2, this year. I don't know the release date for the novel in Britain, but I doubt it'll be long before the book is released there.

What did you think of Eclipse? I haven't read it yet, so NO Spoilers, please!
Ania

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right, Yay a new book for August! Well at least I don't have too long to wait...

Eclipse is brilliant, it does a lot of exploring of other characters as well Bella, Edward and Jacob. I think that Twilight would have to be my favourite of the three because it's so fresh and original. But I loved Eclipse as well, I didn't want it to end, all I'll say is that there are some interesting twists in it Smile
Alquawende

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for telling me what you thought! Now, I'm even more impatient to read it.
Alquawende

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very fortunate that I had the time and was able to go to the bookstore in order to buy Eclipse. I was suprised by the actions and thoughts of Jacob, Bella and Edward. Eclipse I noticed had some more mature themes compared to its prequels.

I don't want to sound like an Edward Cullen fangirl, but I really dislike Jacob's actions towards Bella in the novel.
Ania

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nothing wrong with being an Edward fangirl, I'm one myself Smile well, more an Edward/Bella shipper but I know what you mean. I think that there's an element of almost desperation in Jacob's actions though. How far have you got? Have you finished it? I don't want to discuss in too much detail!
Alquawende

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished it one day. Practically devoured the novel. Very Happy

Do you want to discuss this further through PM or something because I don't want to spoil Eclipse for someone who hasn't read it and comes upon this thread?
Ania

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sen you a PM so we can discuss to our heart's content Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: