Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Fanfiction Recs - X-Files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Fanfiction Recs - X-Files Reply with quote

Not sure who else is still reading X-Files fic these days, but I see good ones now and then. I'm still of the opinion that X-Files fic is among the best-written free stuff out there. Wink

At any rate, this short piece popped up on an LJ commnunity recently, and I thought I'd point Philes to it:

http://newo-fic.livejournal.com/4343.html#cutid1

It's post-IWTB, post-colonization, and very short. It has that just-this-side-of-black-poetry sulk that inhabits the best Mulder-POV X-Files fic, though it's lacking any of the wry humour that can be so satisfying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will check it out. Thanks, Viv!

do.

~ Daniel Bélanger
Robbie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without X-Files fic, we wouldn't be here today.....
dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viv, just got an e-mail from my very old x-files smut list... not mine but one I've been on since, well, 199-something. Anyway, Sister Spooky (you may remember them) have grouped all their stories of the Magic Shell together and put them up on LJ - in the right reading order. I haven't had time to go and reread this but just seeing the names of the authors (Char Chaffin, Xenith, TBishop, Evielouise, etc) is a trip down memory lane for me!

Here it is: http://sisterspooky11.livejournal.com/

Arrow And slash content warning applies for some, undoubtedly, as there's some M/S/K in there.

do.

~ Daniel Bélanger
Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squeee! Thanks, Do!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ellisk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent most of Saturday looking at this! Yum!

Ultima ratio regum (The Last Argument of Kings)--engraved on all French cannons by order of Louis XIV
dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: A Tenth Anniversary for MSR -Smut Reply with quote

Very Happy

And while we're on the subject of X-Files fanfic, here's what I got in my inbox this morning. Thought I would share. MSR-Smut are running a fic challenge!

Quote:
MSR-Smut's birthday is coming up!

Brandon Ray (with a little help from his friends) created this list on February 14th, 1999.

A lot has happened in the intervening years - Brandon and other authors have passed away (and will always be missed), the series Jumped the Shark(coughseveraltimesliterallyandfigurativelycough), websites have gone awol, the general ennui and shrinking of the fandom with the lack of new material... <snip>

So I am issuing a challenge! I want to see Mulder and Scully make the beast with two backs in someone ELSE's universe! You can include principle characters from that 'verse, but it might be better without the distraction. Think of the possibilities!

Scully taking over CSI (Vegas). Mulder on Cold Case. Mulder and Scully looking for his sister on the planet Miranda. Fighting the demons of the Hellmouth, dueling the cigarette smoking Akatsuki, investigating the disappearance of the starship Voyager, looking for President Sheridan, figuring out what the Consu really did to the Obin (ok, maybe that one is a little TOO obscure...), the possibilities are endless. I was listening to the radio version of Gregory Peck and Virginia Mayo's "Captain Horatio Hornblower" and thought of Mulder and Scully. (You can hear it for yourself at http://www.archive.org/download/Lux17/Lux_52-01-21_Captain_Horatio_Hornblower.mp3 - it's worth it just to listen to the advertising)

Here are the rules:

1. M&S get their freak on. DUH.

2. Somewhere in the headers or footers tell us the origin of the universe. Include disclaimers, but if you're going for surprise, put em at the end.

3. If your universe is even remotely obscure (like, say, Scalzi's Old Man's War or Howard's Cormac Mac Art), include some relevant links - just because you think Scully would make a great Trillian doesn't mean everybody else knows what a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is. But if you're a phile, you really ought to know already.

4. Go as obscure, serious or silly as you want! This is your chance! Ever want to see Emo and Chiun take on the Consortium? Mulder vs. the Posleen invasion? Lone Gunmen vs Godzilla? Scully as the daughter of the Padishah Emperor? Samantha and the Seven Dwarves? Go for it!

5. These don't need to be long stories with deep introductions - drop us right in if you want. We'll sink or swim.

The deadline is Feb. 28th, 2009, 11:59 PM EST. Feel free to post this around, but challenge submissions have to be posted to this list.

Get that frakking brain in gear and those smegging fingers moving! May the Schwartz be with you!

xochiluvr (list-mod)

Anyone having their muse tickled by this?

You do not have to post the fics here; just join that list and post it there. I just thought I'd pass on the news.

do.

~ Daniel Bélanger
Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.... Having done a bit of modern-elves fic, I definitely feel a little tickle.
DarkElfChilde

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was this one X-Files fic I read way back when...not sure when lol...but it was about Mulder and Skully being warped into a fantasy realm, and it was pretty good. Never was able to finish reading it. Anyone read it? I forogt where I read it at and I don't even remember the name... Sad
dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, nope, doesn't ring a bell.

do.

~ Daniel Bélanger
DarkElfChilde

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww... Sad
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: