Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Neu's Every-Flavor Bean Challenge OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Neu's Every-Flavor Bean Challenge OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! Reply with quote

Ever wondered what would happen if Scotty accidentally beamed Kirk back to the Academy? Or maybe you’ve wondered what Mal and the rest of Serenity’s crew thought the evening of Wash and Mr. Universe’s funeral.

For the All-Fandom Challenge, your options are many, but the task is simple: write a 300 (or more) word story for a fandom you enjoy, but haven’t written in (much) yet. So Ringers, it’s time to boldly go where no elf-lover has gone before. Browncoats should be advised that it’s not lupus, and if you got LOST, maybe Mulder and Scully can show you that the truth is out there.

There are three prompts to start the fun:

Option 1: One of Each
Pick a Genre —
a. Romance
b. Mystery
c. Humor

Pick a Pairing —
a. Canon Character + Canon Character
b. Canon Character + Own Character
c. Canon Character + A Pet, an animal, or an element of nature (i.e.: a thunderstorm, a carnivorous plant)

Pick a Conflict —
a. Trapped in a small space
b. “No hablo Clingon/Mandarin/Vogon”
c. Experiencing Technical Difficulties

Option 2: Point of View Party
Choose 2-5 characters from your fandom, and write about the same event from their individual points of view. This challenge’s event: A birth or death.

Option 3: Roll Credits
Tell me your preferred fandom, specifying a particular incarnation if more than one are available (i.e. Star Trek, Star Trek DS 9, etc.). I will then visit the Internet Movie Data Base page for that film/show, and using a polyhedral die, will randomly select your character.

To illustrate: If I were to choose “Roll Credits” for the LotR:TTT, and the die showed #7, I would write my story about Saruman the White, since Christopher Lee is the 7th actor listed on the IMDB page for the film. If I rolled a 1 instead, I would write about Samwise Gamgee, since Sean Astin is the first actor in the (alphabetical) credits.

Any randomly selected characters must be requested before 1st June and will be emailed to participants on or before 5th June. Writing will end on the 30th, at which time, completed works should be emailed to the address in my profile. You will then receive a story by another participant for whatever beta help you feel comfortable giving. If there is a particular fandom you do not feel comfortable reading, please let me know before May 30th. Betas will have 1 week to read and comment on stories and send them back to their original authors, who then have 2 weeks to tweak and post their stories, on or about July 21st.

Questions may be directed to the organizers through PM, email or post here to the forum.

NeumeIndil

Nazgul #3 in charge of ducking & sniggering

Garo golf a conu ned i eneth aran an ir ho delitha ad
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to do option 3, but can't decide which fandom to use. What do you think:

Buffy? Angel? Eureka? Star Trek TOS?

I'm willing to do whatever you decide ... pm me, please!

eiranae
Quiz Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like flavor number three, but I have the same problem as Nancy. I could possibly do Charmed, Hitchhiker's Guide, Pirates of the Caribbean, Narnia, and Starwars (though I'm not really wanting to do Starwars). I guess if I had to narrow it down I would do Pirates of the Caribbean or Hitchhiker's Guide, whichever of those you like best. Very Happy
Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh I love Buffy, Angel, and Charmed. You two need to write me some smutty stuff for those LOL And can you include the grown version of Chris from Charmed and the tattooed Lindsay from Angel because they were teh hawtness.
Nagzul #2 - The Nazgul of Shmoove
Crucio! Because stupidity should be painful!
http://alikat7.livejournal.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NeumeIndil

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, we'll solve this the way my college years Dungeon Master always did: Ladies, high, middle, or low? (Just pick one.)

http://embullybreedrescue.org/
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High.

Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeumeIndil wrote:
Okay, we'll solve this the way my college years Dungeon Master always did: Ladies, high, middle, or low? (Just pick one.)

Naughty!!! Sounds kinky. I refuse to answer until I know what exactly 'low' entails Shocked

Nagzul #2 - The Nazgul of Shmoove
Crucio! Because stupidity should be painful!
http://alikat7.livejournal.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eiranae
Quiz Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeumeIndil wrote:

Uh...do we all have to choose something different?

I guess middle, then.

Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am choosing option 1. No rolling, right? Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vladazhael

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alassante wrote:
NeumeIndil wrote:

Naughty!!! Sounds kinky. I refuse to answer until I know what exactly 'low' entails Shocked

*chuckles* D&D noob. Razz

I would like option 3, and I believe I will take a crack at Star Trek: DS9, as all I have ever done in that genre before amounts to about three paragraphs that I found out are hopelessly inaccurate. Rolling Eyes (If you have a choice between seasons on the IMDB lists, I'm most familiar with seasons 1, 6, and 7.)

**Vlad the Mouth of Sauron**
Piercings and creepy grins always available.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, Vlad, I'm particular to Bashir. Nekkid, if you don't mind. k-thx.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vladazhael

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viv wrote:
Just so you know, Vlad, I'm particular to Bashir. Nekkid, if you don't mind. k-thx.

That is on my short list of hopes and dreams as well. Smokin'

**Vlad the Mouth of Sauron**
Piercings and creepy grins always available.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eiranae
Quiz Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eiranae wrote:
NeumeIndil wrote:

Uh...do we all have to choose something different?

I guess middle, then.

I think I just realized what you meant by that. *is stupid*

I still want option 3. Embarassed

PippinIonad

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Neu's Every-Flavor Bean Challenge OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! Reply with quote

NancyBrooke wrote:
Ever wondered what would happen if Scotty accidentally beamed Kirk back to the Academy? Or maybe you’ve wondered what Mal and the rest of Serenity’s crew thought the evening of Wash and Mr. Universe’s funeral.

For the All-Fandom Challenge, your options are many, but the task is simple: write a 300 (or more) word story for a fandom you enjoy, but haven’t written in (much) yet. So Ringers, it’s time to boldly go where no elf-lover has gone before. Browncoats should be advised that it’s not lupus, and if you got LOST, maybe Mulder and Scully can show you that the truth is out there.

There are three prompts to start the fun:

Option 1: One of Each
Pick a Genre —
a. Romance
b. Mystery
c. Humor

Pick a Pairing —
a. Canon Character + Canon Character
b. Canon Character + Own Character
c. Canon Character + A Pet, an animal, or an element of nature (i.e.: a thunderstorm, a carnivorous plant)

Pick a Conflict —
a. Trapped in a small space
b. “No hablo Clingon/Mandarin/Vogon”
c. Experiencing Technical Difficulties

Option 2: Point of View Party
Choose 2-5 characters from your fandom, and write about the same event from their individual points of view. This challenge’s event: A birth or death.

Option 3: Roll Credits
Tell me your preferred fandom, specifying a particular incarnation if more than one are available (i.e. Star Trek, Star Trek DS 9, etc.). I will then visit the Internet Movie Data Base page for that film/show, and using a polyhedral die, will randomly select your character.

To illustrate: If I were to choose “Roll Credits” for the LotR:TTT, and the die showed #7, I would write my story about Saruman the White, since Christopher Lee is the 7th actor listed on the IMDB page for the film. If I rolled a 1 instead, I would write about Samwise Gamgee, since Sean Astin is the first actor in the (alphabetical) credits.

Any randomly selected characters must be requested before 1st June and will be emailed to participants on or before 5th June. Writing will end on the 30th, at which time, completed works should be emailed to the address in my profile. You will then receive a story by another participant for whatever beta help you feel comfortable giving. If there is a particular fandom you do not feel comfortable reading, please let me know before May 30th. Betas will have 1 week to read and comment on stories and send them back to their original authors, who then have 2 weeks to tweak and post their stories, on or about July 21st.

Questions may be directed to the organizers through PM, email or post here to the forum.

NeumeIndil

ok, just to check... it *has* to be a fandom we haven't written much for? only I have only 2 fandoms, only one of which I haven't written much for - and that one is pretty much slash centric : ~(
NeumeIndil

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eira, you get Hitch Hiker's Guide. Smile

How High, Middle, Low works is: the options are listed in whatever order, and a D-6 is thrown once for each option. So, lets say I had the chance to make out hard-core with Karl Urban, Christian Bale, or Hugh Jackman, and just couldn't make up my mind. Twisted Evil To solve that most horrible of problems to ever befall a horny straight girl by "High, Middle, Low", I'd pick high, middle or low, then grab a D-6, roll once for Karl (got a 4), once for Christian (6), and once for Hugh (1). If I'd picked "middle", I'd end up making out hard-core with Karl Urban (and I could die a happy woman), but if I'd picked low I'd spend some up-close-and-personal time with Hugh (and I'd still die a happy woman).

PipIo: There's nothing that says you have to write something sex-related (it just seems to be a default setting for my pervy mind). Smile There's nothing in the site guidelines that say you can't have a gay couple *in* the story, just that they can't make out etc. etc.

http://embullybreedrescue.org/
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: