Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

another one of those looking for a fic thingy.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilvaraDragontear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: another one of those looking for a fic thingy. Reply with quote

I am looking for a fic that in the beginning is about Glorfindel after he died in the fight against the balrog, you get to follow him in his time before he gets 'reborn' and his meeting Finrod in the halls of mandos and of the friendship that builds up between them during the time befor their rebirths, it's a friendship that will last even after their rebirths and Finrod ends up inviting glorfindel to go with him to his parents home after their rebirths.
The two friends are meet with various reactions after their rebirth, some are glad that the ones thought lost to their loved ones will get a chance to be reborn, some don't take the fact that two of the Noldor(spelling?) gets a new chance while the elves who fell victom to Feanor's kinslaying still rest in the halls of mandos.
So now I am hoping someone out there knows this story and is a kind enough to tell me where to find it again, because i lost the link I had to it when my old PC crashed.
ElenaTiriel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: another one of those looking for a fic thingy. Reply with quote

SilvaraDragontear wrote:
I am looking for a fic that in the beginning is about Glorfindel after he died in the fight against the balrog

Hi SilvaraDragontear,

I think you might be describing Fiondil's "Elf Interrupted" series from the Stories of Arda archive.

"Book One: Glorfindel Redux" is at <storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=5080>, and "Book Two: Glorfindel's Quest" is at <storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=5828>.

Hope this helps!
- Barbara
SilvaraDragontear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: another one of those looking for a fic thingy. Reply with quote

ElenaTiriel wrote:
SilvaraDragontear wrote:
I am looking for a fic that in the beginning is about Glorfindel after he died in the fight against the balrog

Hi SilvaraDragontear,

I think you might be describing Fiondil's "Elf Interrupted" series from the Stories of Arda archive.

"Book One: Glorfindel Redux" is at <storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=5080>, and "Book Two: Glorfindel's Quest" is at <storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=5828>.

Hope this helps!
- Barbara

It is it, you found it. Bow Big Hug Your my newest hero. Thank you so much, I have been longing for a reread of the first book not to mention start reading the second one since I newer got that far befor my old comp crashed. So again thank you. You rock
ElenaTiriel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: another one of those looking for a fic thingy. Reply with quote

SilvaraDragontear wrote:
So again thank you. You rock

You're very welcome. Glad it was the right story! Beer

- Barbara
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: