Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

The Weekly OSA Drabble Challenge is BACK!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reminder: if, like me, you sign up for a challenge and don't complete your fic by the deadline, don't let that stop you.

Just contact the Challenge Admins through the [Contact Us / Support] option on the menu. Your completed fic can still be included in the challenge even if the challenge has closed.

Likewise, if you are inspired by a challenge after the challenge has ended, go for it!

The bottom line is challenges are here to inspire, no matter when the inspiration hits or when the fic gets completed. We hope that deadlines encourage writing, not discourage it.

So write on!

Nazgul #3 in charge of ducking & sniggering

Garo golf a conu ned i eneth aran an ir ho delitha ad
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: OSA Weekly Drabble Challenge #130: Snowed In Reply with quote

In recognition of the snow currently blanketing the Eastern US, feel free to play Old Man Winter or Mother Nature and trap your favorite characters in some inconvenient circumstance: what do they talk about? What do they not talk about? Do they take the opportunity air differences? Cast off inhibitions? Or focus single-mindedly on a way out? This week, get -

Snowed In

Think the Fellowship in Caradhras, a shuttle full of Serenity crew during “Out of Gas”, any castaway of Lost at one time or another. Torture or Titilate as you prefer.

Drabbles must be 100, 200, or 300 words. Since I was late in posting this one, the deadline will be two weeks from today on Monday January 4, 2010 (!).

A new drabble challenge is posted every week, and participants have two weeks to complete the challenge. To contribute a drabble challenge idea, visit the OSA Drabble Challenges thread in the Bunny Nursery of the Forum. Any problems or questions? Contact the challenge admins.

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the by, the Drabbler will be taking vacation until 2010. There will be no new drabble challenges posted until 1/2.

Holidays and Happy New Year, friends!

NB

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: OSA Drable Challenge #131: Demanding Lords Reply with quote

Big Fish, Little Fish … everyone knows a little authority can be pushed a long way, or, as our friend ElenaTiriel had it in the forum some time ago:

“Lords, especially merely mortal ones, can be so demanding at times ...”

This week take Elena’s word for it and drabble about Demanding Lords (what they’re demanding is entirely up to you) and if your favorite ‘verse is lord-free feel free to substitute bosses, captains, emperors, sith lords or whoever else holds the reins and likes to thrash them about a bit.

Drabbles must be 100, 200, or 300 words. The deadline will be two weeks from today on Monday, January 18, 2010.

A new drabble challenge is posted every week, and participants have two weeks to complete the challenge. To contribute a drabble challenge idea, visit the OSA Drabble Challenges thread in the Bunny Nursery of the Forum. Any problems or questions? Contact the challenge admins.

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: OSA Drabble Challenge #132: Marked for Life Reply with quote

Cherry picking from the Bunny Forum, this week let’s take up Senta’s challenge and drabble about

Tattoos

Tattoos can show pride, ownership, belonging, reveal a hidden past or not be revealed at all. So bare your character’s skin, their hearts, and ink us a tale (tail?).

Drabbles must be 100, 200, or 300 words. The deadline will be two weeks from today on Monday, January 25, 2010.

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all those who recently responded OSA Drabble Challenges:

"Snowed In"
Leila: Snowed Inn and Snowed In
and Lissaelves: Snowed In

"Light in the Darkness"
MegW7: Logic in Chaos

And a particurarly great shout-out to Dolarabee, the first member to post a story in response to our new monthly challenges!

"Gift Exchange"
Do: Blame it on Cake

Yeah, Do and thanks to you all! Wave

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: OSA Drabble Challenge #133: Silence is Golden? Reply with quote

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy – every brotherhood, sisterhood and family has it’s

Code of Honor

And sometimes to keep it or break it, to ‘tell’ or not to ‘tell’, really is the question.

Drabbles must be 100, 200, or 300 words. The deadline will be two weeks from today on Monday, February 1, 2010.

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: OSA Drabble Challenge #134: Disaster Reply with quote

Thinking about Haiti, Osgiliath, Caprica, Serenity Valley ... This week's theme is

Disaster

causing, succumbing to, averting, overcoming, enduring, ancient, immediate, impending, aftermath, destruction, mourning, undoing or being undone by ... all or none of the above.

Drabbles must be 100, 200, or 300 words. The deadline will be two weeks from today on Monday, February 8, 2010.

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm awfully sorry," said Bilbo, "but I have come without my hat, and I have left my pocket-handkerchief behind, and I haven't got any money. I didn't get your note until after 10.45 to be precise."

"Don't be precise," said Dwalin, "and don't worry! You will have to manage without pocket-handkerchiefs, and a good many other things, before you get to the journey's end.

This week, you are invited to drabble about

Creature Comforts

that something it makes us a little uncomfortable to do without, or the welcome reward at close of day that says to us "I'm back."

Drabbles must be 100, 200, or 300 words. The deadline is Monday, February 15, 2010.

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed posting this week's drabble. My mind (and my walkway, and my parking place, and my boots, and my gloves, and my dog, my husband and my daughter - though she doesn't mind) has been snowed over.

Drabble challenges will re-commence this Monday.

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: OSA Weekly Drabble Challenge #136: Helping Hands Reply with quote

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain, we all have sorrow. But, if we are wise, we know that there’s always tomorrow.

OK, popular karaoke songs aside, I’m looking at mountains of snow in my neighborhood knowing they’d still be covering the road, my sidewalk and my car were it not for

Helping Hands

So I encourage you drabblers to pay it forward, as it were, and drabble about the hand up, the hand out, the help in time or the help wanted.

Drabbles must be 100, 200, or 300 words. The deadline is Monday, March 1, 2010.

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: OSA Weekly Drabble Challenge #137: A Slip Of The Tongue Reply with quote

I know you all work hard to find just the right words for the right moments in your fiction but, for this next challenge at least, I invite you to wave goodbye all that and say hello to freudian slips and malapropisms. G’head! Let your characters say whatever’s on their lips and not in their minds.

Drabbles must be 100, 200, or 300 words. The deadline is Monday, March 8, 2010.

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: OSA Drabble Challenge #138: Lost and Found Reply with quote

Sometimes it seems like powerful objects – mystical or sentimental – get lost at the rate of bic pens and laundered socks – rings of power, the holy grail, the fountain of youth … This week, take a trip to the Lost and Found of your favorite ‘verse, and let us know what you and your characters can discover there, or what finds you! Happy tales!

Drabbles must be 100, 200, or 300 words. The deadline is Monday, April 5, 2010.

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: OSA Drabble Challenge #139: Story Tellers Reply with quote

“If you are a dreamer, come in
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar
A hope – er, a pray – er, a magic bean buyer
If you’re a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin!”

Tell me a story … about telling stories, about storytellers … tell me a story.

Drabbles must be 100, 200, or 300 words. The deadline is Monday, April 19, 2010.

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one from Viv: Carried Away

Get carried away in this next challenge – either literally, metaphorically, or emotionally. Get giddy, get swept up, disappear for a while or make someone disappear … get carried away!

Drabbles must be 100, 200, or 300 words. The deadline is Monday, April 26, 2010.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: