Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Belated greetings!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Istarnie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Belated greetings! Reply with quote

Hello, I am 'Istarniė'

I am afraid I have been a member of this site now for over a month, without introducing myself. Very careless of me! Sad

A good friend told me about OSA. She had to really encourage me to take a look, because although I have been attempting to write fanfiction for just over a year, I am rather nervous about the quality of my writing. I have tended to write just for my own amusement, and post on two sites I was already very familiar with.

But I am glad she made me live a little dangerously! This is a great site. I have read some amazing stories here.

I will certainly practice the 'three R's', though there have been a lot of times when I start reading or writing and that other 'R', real life, interfears. Hopefully I will have a little more quality time on my hands in the coming months!

I have been a fan of Tolkien since first reading Lord of the Rings, many years ago. The Silmarillion sealed my fate, however. I adore that book!

I'm looking forward to reading more, learning more and to getting to know other members. Smile
Rhapsody

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Istarniė,

welcome on board here. I have noticed your stories being posted and I've seen them recommended on ff.net too by my own fav authors so yay! Welcome here!

Big Hug

Maglor's bard & Celegorm's play pal

Nazgul #5 in charge anything liquid or edible things
Icon made by Carnage in c minor.
trekqueen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome! The Silm is a favorite of mine too, answered so many questions of mine about LOTR since I had read that first. Feel free to mozy around... ask questions and just plain old have fun! Very Happy

"I wish I was a writer who sees what's yet unseen. I wish I was a prayer expressing what I mean. I wish I was a stranger who wanders down the sky. I wish I was a starship in silence flying by." --Wish (Komm zu mir)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Istarnie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Rhapsody,

.. and thank you for the welcome Big Hug I am still very much finding my way around this site. But I hope to participate more, and read a lot more as I go.

I joined ff.net about six weeks before I joined OSA. I am pretty much a newby there too! Very Happy

Ohh..and as I write another notification comes in...

Hello, trekqueen. I can't help but notice that you seem to be a touch obsessed with Glorfindel! Smile Thanks for your welcome.. Big Hug I will probably drive you all mad with questions once I start. Have fun? Yup..that sounds good to me. Very Happy
FatiferousPoet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:: waves ::

Hello and welcome! hehee. I've been here near a month, so I suppose I'm a bit too new to be acting all veteranly like.... (yes, I realize that's not really a word Wink

But hey! Everybody's really, super friendly here and as you've probably seen, a lot of work's been put into the site to make it an enjoyable place. Rock on!

Look forward to seeing ya around!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Istarnie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Poet! Smile

::waves in return::

I like creative words like 'veteranly'. Very Happy

Thank you so much for your welcome. I am really impressed with the friendliness of folk and the layout of this site. It has already been enjoyable just 'lurking' (that term sounds sooo suspicious! Wink )

Look forward to seeing you around, too.....
RobinKa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Welcome to OSA Istarniė!

I'm Binka, also a Silm geek and a die-hard PEF Cool (sub-species: Beleg fancier).

I hope you have a great time and a lot of fun here Very Happy

~*~

OSA Nazgūl #7: Binkerton the Polish Nazgūl.
Ireth34

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
Istarnie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Binka, Very Happy ..there seem to be quite a few Silm' fans on here! Yay! Bounce

You know, it took me a couple of minutes to work out what a PEF was! Rolling Eyes (The sub-species definition sort of gave it away!)

Newby or what!

Hi, Ireth / Lissa Hello ...ah, a Haldir fan! Wink I am still in denial over his death in the film.

I am in denial over the death (what's that! Shocked ) of Beleg, too!
Ireth34

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am still in denial over his death in the film.

Me, too... Sad
NeumeIndil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Neume, PHLF. While I can't say I'm a Silm geek, I have read it and therefore have a lot of respect for those who can read it and love it. Thanks for the reading and reviewing. It's encouraging.

And since these have been neglected of late, I'd like to issue a belated spit warning *clears throat*- It is advised that, if consuming beverages while reading forum posts on OSA, a wiping implement of some sort be kept near to hand in the event the hilarity causes one to expectorate said liquid all over his or her keyboard, monitor and desk. Extra care should be taken with laptop/notebook computers, as these can be severely damaged by such treatment. Thank you and enjoy your day at OSA.

Okay, time for me to go be strange somewhere else. Very Happy

Welcome aboard,
Neu

http://embullybreedrescue.org/
Ireth34

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad computer day Beer ROFL
RobinKa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istarnie wrote:
You know, it took me a couple of minutes to work out what a PEF was! Rolling Eyes (The sub-species definition sort of gave it away!)

Doh! Sorry! Embarassed

Istarnie wrote:
I am in denial over the death (what's that! Shocked ) of Beleg, too!

Yeah, I wish Saeros had cast something way heavier back at Turin Rolling Eyes Honestly, I'd love to stab that stupid guy with a fork Evil or Very Mad

~*~

OSA Nazgūl #7: Binkerton the Polish Nazgūl.
Istarnie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah..a few things to read! Smile

Hail, Neu! Hello,

And thank you for your welcome!

I second Ireth's reaction to your post! You should have put a warning at the top.I had a cup of tea in my hand when I read it! Wink (but NO tea in my mouth <sigh of relief> )

Throwing things over my keyboard in a fit of humour is a frequent hazard I am still trying to negotiate.

Okay! Today's challenge is PHLF. Very Happy I *know* the first and the last letter ...but what is HL? It has to be something to do with Rohan?

My original guess was Half-ling, then horse lover, (after I took a look at your stories. Smile )

I need a guide!

I love all of Tolkien's works, so although I am biased towards the Silm', I will read and enjoy LotR stories too.

Ireth! Exactly! ROFL

Binka! Please don't hit yourself over the head because of my stupidity! Wink It is a steep learning curve for me, but I WILL manage it!

I wish Saeros had cast anything back at Turin! I have a rather ambiguous attitude towards the Master-of-Doom. I much prefer Beleg and Gwindor - but then I am very definately in the PEF, rather than the PHF group.

I think Faramir is probably my favourite human.... Hmmm ..but I do have a soft spot for Dwarves, particularly Gimli.

Of course, at heart, I am an absolute 'one Spirit-of-Fire gurl' . Does that make me a PFF, or a PSOFF ? (I will stop there! Rolling Eyes )

LOL
Ireth34

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just re read that post and now my stomache hurts from laughing...No liquids in the vicinity, however... Wink

Istarnie, I think it's PFF?? Shocked
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: