Create New Account

Least Favourite Character?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverMoonLady

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*calls the firetruck to put out the impending blaze* Oh, dear.... Laughing
Shelob the Cookie Baker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
telcontarr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my opinion!
He's so arrogant, spupid, undescribable....
He seems to know everything and can do every stunt, just because he's an elf or what??? Shocked
ghettoelleth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the f*(& pulled out this old dinosaur. hehe, looking back at this, ya gotta laugh...almost hysterically, even. So, I'm assuming someone was bored and looking to see the Legofiles do a dance on their font....

Ahh, I love the smell of Sindarin in the morning.

And don't EVEN get started on THAT, no one cares if he was blonde or brunette. Fight about something good, like did he ever have oily slidey fun with Aragorn.

Okay, everyone to your neutral corners, when you hear the bell, come out swingin'!

telcontarr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'What?????`?
So, do you agree with me or do you not? Evil or Very Mad
Tirananniel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legolas was hottie hot elf....all the men elfs were! I don't care bout the rest. As for characters I dislike....I have to say Movie Frodo and Eowyhn, and both book/movie Boromir...he was a whiny "Save my poor doomed city" he-bitch!

I am the Uruk Who Shall Not Be Named!

AKA: The Powers of Destruction (Against Bad Grammar)

I guess that could be shortened to PoDABaG?!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telcontarr wrote:
That's my opinion!
He seems to know everything and can do every stunt, just because he's an elf or what??? Shocked

That's how Peter Jackson wrote him. Very Happy Of course he could do every stunt otherwise Peter would just keep refilming it until he did it right.

As for least favorite character, I'd have to say book/movie Denethor. (Nancy is going to kill me now) And book Tom Bomb-ba-BORING and Treebeard. Sorry, I know some people love those characters.

OKay - by a show of hands, how many people started skipping the scenes in the movie with Treebeard after the first one or two times you saw it (other than the destroying Isengard part)?

*Raises hand*

Nagzul #2 - The Nazgul of Shmoove
Crucio! Because stupidity should be painful!
http://alikat7.livejournal.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ghettoelleth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alassante wrote:
telcontarr wrote:
That's my opinion!

That's how Peter Jackson wrote him. Very Happy Of course he could do every stunt otherwise Peter would just keep refilming it until he did it right.

As for least favorite character, I'd have to say book/movie Denethor. (Nancy is going to kill me now) And book Tom Bomb-ba-BORING and Treebeard. Sorry, I know some people love those characters.

OKay - by a show of hands, how many people started skipping the scenes in the movie with Treebeard after the first one or two times you saw it (other than the destroying Isengard part)?

*Raises hand*

You're so going to hell. I'll bet you want to run a pipeline into Alaska and suck it dry too. Don't you, DON'T you???

Telcontarr, I don't agree or disagree, I don't care.

NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alassante wrote:
As for least favorite character, I'd have to say book/movie Denethor. (Nancy is going to kill me now)

Oh, no! I'm not going to kill you, Sweetie, not for such a silly little ignorant remark - You know I love you! But this one Twisted Evil :

Tirananniel wrote:
As for characters I dislike... both book/movie Boromir...he was a whiny "Save my poor doomed city" he-bitch!

Ha Ha Ha Laughing Just kidding, of course. But, seriously, folks - let's keep this thread "least favorite characters," not characters I hate and want to eviscerate with my thoughts or any good knife that's handy, 'k? Shall we? It's all good fun until someone posts an eye out.

ghettoelleth wrote:
Telcontarr, I don't agree or disagree, I don't care.

Yes, but the really frightening thing is how many people do. Rolling Eyes

Nazgul #3 in charge of ducking & sniggering

Garo golf a conu ned i eneth aran an ir ho delitha ad
Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NancyBrooke wrote:
Alassante wrote:
As for least favorite character, I'd have to say book/movie Denethor. (Nancy is going to kill me now)

Oh, no! I'm not going to kill you, Sweetie, not for such a silly little ignorant remark - You know I love you! But this one Twisted Evil :

Its not ignorant - I know there was more to him than portrayed in the movie and he was driven nuts by the palentir. But I just still never liked him.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies, Al. You are anything but ignorant.
Nazgul #3 in charge of ducking & sniggering

Garo golf a conu ned i eneth aran an ir ho delitha ad
Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s'ok Duchess. Big Hug
ghettoelleth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHHHHHHHHh, Group hug over Leoglas Duchess, Shmoo I love you guys, but you still can't have my Bud Lite. Big Hug Big Hug

I was trying to think of one character that I would have liked to see ommitted from the story because I didn't like them and I couldn't come up with a single one. Not even TB. I think that the evil characters that I truly disliked, Eol, Morgoth, Sauron, Lurtz, and even that bumbling, oops I stabbed you fool, Turumbar, were so fascinating, it would not have been the same story without them.

LydiaB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alassante wrote:
And book Tom Bomb-ba-BORING and Treebeard. Sorry, I know some people love those characters.

*Raises hand*

*Also raises hand*

I don't particularly dislike any characters in the original, although there are some I prefer not to read fan fiction about, but Tom and Treebeard really were momentum-killers.

The first time I read LotR, I got so bogged down in the section about Tom Bombadil that I put the book down and didn't pick it up again for about 6 months. Decided the only way to get past it was to use the same approach that's popular with the war parts of War and Peace.

As for movie Treebeard in TTT, his interruptions of my Haldir appreciation with his slow ramblings during the battle of Helm's Deep was quite unforgivable. Evil or Very Mad

*turns on DVD -- watches Haldir arriving at Helm's Deep -- ff -- watches Haldir prepare arrow in rain, drools a bit -- ff -- watches Haldir killing orcs with a guttural blood-lusty cry -- ff -- watches Haldir shouting and flapping arms about -- watches Haldir die covered in dewy sweat Crying or Very sad* Thus, the scene is much improved with careful use of the ff button IMHO.
Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LydiaB wrote:
The first time I read LotR, I got so bogged down in the section about Tom Bombadil that I put the book down and didn't pick it up again for about 6 months. Decided the only way to get past it was to use the same approach that's popular with the war parts of War and Peace.

I will probably be flamed for this but I threw away the Silmarillion three times during Turin's chapter and I threw away the LOTR-FOTR during the Tom Bombadil chapter. My husband kept digging the books out of the trash and asking me why I was torturing myself if the book made me that mad. ROFL But I finally made it through the chapters and finished the books. YAY!!!!! But Turin's name (all 1400 of them) makes me go grrrrrrrr. Evil or Very Mad Go ahead G - tell me I'm going to hell. We all know you're the tour guide there. Very Happy

ghettoelleth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LydiaB wrote:
Alassante wrote:
And book Tom Bomb-ba-BORING and Treebeard. Sorry, I know some people love those characters.

*Raises hand*

*Also raises hand*

I don't particularly dislike any characters in the original, although there are some I prefer not to read fan fiction about, but Tom and Treebeard really were momentum-killers.

As for movie Treebeard in TTT, his interruptions of my Haldir appreciation with his slow ramblings during the battle of Helm's Deep was quite unforgivable. Evil or Very Mad

*turns on DVD -- watches Haldir arriving at Helm's Deep -- ff -- watches Haldir prepare arrow in rain, drools a bit -- ff -- watches Haldir killing orcs with a guttural blood-lusty cry -- ff -- watches Haldir shouting and flapping arms about -- watches Haldir die covered in dewy sweat Crying or Very sad* Thus, the scene is much improved with careful use of the ff button IMHO.

LMMFAO, you two are braver than me, I ain't admittin' to nothin'

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: