Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Things I won't miss about 2008

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Things I won't miss about 2008 Reply with quote

Happy New Year everyone!

For fun I thought we could all say something we won't miss about 2008 (assuming they don't repeat themselves in 2009 of course)

Arrow George Bush - sorry any fans but I think most people agree

Arrow high gas prices - if the economy could straighten out without the gas prices rising again - I'd be thrilled

Anyone?

Nagzul #2 - The Nazgul of Shmoove
Crucio! Because stupidity should be painful!
http://alikat7.livejournal.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LadyRoisin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things I won't miss about 2008 are.....

Arrow Apparel Marketing class. Did that class this summer quarter at college and it was a horrible drag. Yep, even as a Fashion Design major, you have super sucko classes sometimes. That one particularly sucked becaus your grade depended on how well your partner worked with you, and mine was a horrible,lazy wench who had the mentality of one of those bimbos on MTV.

Arrow Way overpriced rent. My new roomate and I are moving into a new place, and the rent is going to be lots more reasonable, yay!
ZeeDrippyVessel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Things I'm not going to miss in 2008 Reply with quote

1. Hearing Obama say 'We need CHANGE!!!!' People just voted in a President who is against everything this country was founded on... and his Cabinet are all hard core Clinton aides. Not seeing a whole lot of change in THAT!

1a. No, I do NOT want to debate my views. The older I get, the more conservative I get and the more I strongly feel that money I make belongs to me and me alone and think that's just how it should be! Think I"ll go out and buy a gun and stock up on ammo while I'm at it and just go to ground.

2. Falling in love. Ain't gonna do it.

3. Not going to miss those gas prices either...

4. Not going to miss the 'invalid session, please resubmit form' I'm getting here every time I try to post.

lissaselves

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, Alassante.

Hmm, off the top of my head:

Seing bodybags being unloaded from an airplane the day before Christmas - what the h*** are Danish soldiers doing in Afghanistan and Iraq? We used to be experts in peace-keeping missions!

Not going to miss the guy that talked our government into involvement in this mess, either.

Reading my American friends's desperate 'My husband got laid off! What are we going to do?' Sure hope economy recovers soon (or the Americans get better unemployment insurance).

Wouldn't mind seeing these thing change...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Things I'm not going to miss in 2008 Reply with quote

ZeeDrippyVessel wrote:
4. Not going to miss the 'invalid session, please resubmit form' I'm getting here every time I try to post.

Zee, not much we can do if you don't let us know when you have a problem with the site...

do.

~ Daniel Bélanger
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Pinching pennies until they scream.

It's long past time I went back to work. Of course, my timing stinks, but that can't be helped.

Nazgul #3 in charge of ducking & sniggering

Garo golf a conu ned i eneth aran an ir ho delitha ad
DarkElfChilde

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Bush

2. gas prices

3. Uh...Bush. >_>

Viv
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricanes. Oh, I know we'll get more starting in June, but for a while here, we're hurricane-free.

Wish I could say violence in Israel/Palestine. Wish.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eiranae
Quiz Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I won't miss about 2008?

1. Backstabbing jerks who try to get you in trouble with the government and lie about doing so.

2. Backstabbing jerks who annoy your only friends until they MOVE and you are left alone in the suckiest town on the planet.

3. Stupid companies who lay your husband off right before the New Year.

4. Not much...not much at all.

LadyRoisin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'm adding one more, just because I'm annoyed.

Arrow No more people who just slap a rating on your story and don't bother reviewing and leave you hanging with no reviews and only a rating you have no idea what it's about!!! So you don't even know what was good or what sucked or anything GAAAAH!!!

Arrow No more writing story after story and getting zero feedback.

"is mucho annoyed and beats head onto desk"

So frustrating!!!
NeumeIndil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Doctors, particularly those that say 'Yeah, we should run some tests', charge $80/hr. for 10 minutes of their time (but bill for $80 anyway), then leave one dangling wondering what said results are and how much the privilege of being poked, prodded, drained of fluids, and then drained of fluid income actually freakin' means.

2. The teeny tiny itty bitty little shoe box of a pharmacy I worked in for most of the year. I might hate parts of the job passionately, but dammit, I hated cramming 15 people into the same amount of space as a double wide trailer/caravan even more.

3. Hearing my nation's president mispronounce "nuclear" on an almost daily basis. I don't care what party he's from, but ffs if a grown-ass man can't correctly pronounce the name of one of the most deadly technologies in the galaxy-- to which he has unprecedented access and ultimate control-- I doubt his intelligence and worry for every single person on the planet. "New-clear". It's not that bloody hard!

http://embullybreedrescue.org/
ellisk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! Here are mine:

1) Three grad classes on top of a full time job and a part time job--Never Again.

2) Territorial control freaks at work.

Ultima ratio regum (The Last Argument of Kings)--engraved on all French cannons by order of Louis XIV
vladazhael

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeumeIndil wrote:

3. Hearing my nation's president mispronounce "nuclear" on an almost daily basis. I don't care what party he's from, but ffs if a grown-ass man can't correctly pronounce the name of one of the most deadly technologies in the galaxy-- to which he has unprecedented access and ultimate control-- I doubt his intelligence and worry for every single person on the planet. "New-clear". It's not that bloody hard!

Yes! YES!!! Thank you! That's like a nurse saying "diabeetus." It makes me twitch.

You know what? That's my list. Because all the other things I won't miss about 2008 are pretty much still going on. Progressing, even.

**Vlad the Mouth of Sauron**
Piercings and creepy grins always available.
Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Oh! Oh! Political ads. ALL of them suck no matter which party and I'm sick sick sick of them.
Arrow My soon to be ex husband. Although he'll still be around for awhile I'm getting my legal divorce sometime this year. Only took me 2 yrs. And he's made my life hell for way too long.

After seeing the movie Mamma Mia, I've decided that I want my life to be an ABBA musical. Very Happy

Nagzul #2 - The Nazgul of Shmoove
Crucio! Because stupidity should be painful!
http://alikat7.livejournal.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NancyBrooke
Challenge Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alassante wrote:
Arrow My soon to be ex husband. Although he'll still be around for awhile I'm getting my legal divorce sometime this year.

Bounce Dude Wave Banana Carrot Broccoli Banana Dance Clap, Clap, Clap
Yeah, Al!!! I know what a stone around your neck that has been. Big Hug

NeumeIndil wrote:
3. Hearing my nation's president mispronounce "nuclear"
I will say, I have hardly laughed harder than when I heard Sarah Palin say it, too!! I would say that she is one thing I won't miss about 2008 but I'm sure she is neither gone nor forgotten.
Nazgul #3 in charge of ducking & sniggering

Garo golf a conu ned i eneth aran an ir ho delitha ad
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: