Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

2012 MEFA Info

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haleth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghetto! Where the heck have you been for the past 5 years?
ZeeDrippyVessel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghettoelleth wrote:
RobinKa wrote:
IMHO the new rules were unfair and further censored what might be perfectly acceptable otherwise. And if someone tells me 'my way or the highway' I choose the highway.

You're such a rebel Cool

I'm with Viv. Smexapalooza, no place finishes, but everyone gets a year's supply of Astroglide for participating.

*falls over dead*

ZeeDrippyVessel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haleth wrote:
ZeeDrippyVessel wrote:
I'm not ranting. Honest. I just think the entire OH MY GAWD THE FANDOM IS GOING TO FALL APART AND IT HAPPENED ON OUR WATCH AND NOW WE HAVE NO DECENT FIC TO READ thing is just for the birds.

Please try to not put words in my mouth.

I never said there would be nothing to read. Neither did I say fandom was coming to an end.

What I said was that many people enjoyed the MEFAs, in spite of all of the faults they allegedly had. From what I've been able to glean, a lot of people put a lot of time and effort into the awards and all they got in return was grief and personal attacks. Having read some of the comments posted during the arguments, I can sey that things got very nasty and personal for no good reason.

My comment wasn't about you. As far as I can tell you personally had no part in those discussions, but the entire incident left a very bad taste in my mouth. I adamaantly refuse to apologize for disliking internet mobs.

I don't even ATTEMPT HASA... just nooooo....

As for the words and schtuff... I was actually referring to Marta's LJ... and the whining and moaning and gnashing of teeth.

Now look. I'm so irate, I drank my milk and only took ONE of my meds... now I have to go get MORE milk to take the rest. Diabetes and all its little cohorts, it sucketh.

ghettoelleth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody. Nancy, I'm afraid to ask what that is, sounds toxic.

HAL! In Meh Hee Co Smile

ghettoelleth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, I just looked at my signature. WTH is that comma doin' there?
vladazhael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho lee shit! 'Sup, G? I just wandered back in, too.

**Vlad the Mouth of Sauron**
Piercings and creepy grins always available.
ghettoelleth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vladness! Very Happy
Haleth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeeDrippyVessel wrote:
Haleth wrote:
ZeeDrippyVessel wrote:
I'm not ranting. Honest. I just think the entire OH MY GAWD THE FANDOM IS GOING TO FALL APART AND IT HAPPENED ON OUR WATCH AND NOW WE HAVE NO DECENT FIC TO READ thing is just for the birds.

Please try to not put words in my mouth.

I never said there would be nothing to read. Neither did I say fandom was coming to an end.

What I said was that many people enjoyed the MEFAs, in spite of all of the faults they allegedly had. From what I've been able to glean, a lot of people put a lot of time and effort into the awards and all they got in return was grief and personal attacks. Having read some of the comments posted during the arguments, I can sey that things got very nasty and personal for no good reason.

My comment wasn't about you. As far as I can tell you personally had no part in those discussions, but the entire incident left a very bad taste in my mouth. I adamaantly refuse to apologize for disliking internet mobs.

I don't even ATTEMPT HASA... just nooooo....

As for the words and schtuff... I was actually referring to Marta's LJ... and the whining and moaning and gnashing of teeth.

Now look. I'm so irate, I drank my milk and only took ONE of my meds... now I have to go get MORE milk to take the rest. Diabetes and all its little cohorts, it sucketh.

I don't have anything on HASA either. It's not a good fit for the stuff I scribble.

Diabetes totally sucks. Take your meds!

ZeeDrippyVessel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haleth wrote:

I don't have anything on HASA either. It's not a good fit for the stuff I scribble.

Diabetes totally sucks. Take your meds!

I tread in places HASA dreads. At least focusing on Rohirrim, I don't have to worry about LaCE. Laughing

meds were taken and have been taken again. I even write post it notes on my Facebook so I'll remember. Hate the things, but at least my A1C and stuff are returning to a more normal range. Doctor is even making get off meds noises, IF I could ever get my cholesterol under control. That wasn't under control even when I was thin!

Have you ever belched cinnamon up your nose? That's some nasty shit.

NeumeIndil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cholesterol can be helped by eating more blueberries. And who doesn't like muffins? Smile

http://embullybreedrescue.org/
ZeeDrippyVessel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eat blueberries daily. We have 7 blueberry bushes on the property and I've been known to eat as fast as I pick. (Although due to the extreme heat, they weren't as juicy this year) You don't want to know how many quart bags we have frozen. (try a freezer full!)

Since February, when I was diagnosed, to end of June, my cholesterol has dropped from 399 to 192 (I went on Lipitor, but it hurts my arm) and my triglycerides have dropped from 403 to 181. My good cholesterol has come up from 8 (yes. single digit) to 38. The only thing NOT moving fast enough for me is my weight. It's not my thyroid. Crying or Very sad

Haleth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctors are slowly clueing in that weight isn't the most important thing about health. Your blood chemistry looks to have imporoved and that's important.

I have a friend who is a big, beautiful woman. She regularly competes and places in triathalons. She doesn't conform to the modern physical ideal, but she can run, swim and bike rings around most people who do.

ZeeDrippyVessel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost 15 pounds since February. I have a total of 100 to lose (that would leave 85 now.) I weigh too much and I would like to at least see a size 16 again or 150. (I've come to the conclusion that dress sizes have gotten smaller since before I had Spawn 24 years ago.) Granted it's only 15 pounds, but I'm moving around easier and I'm breathing easier.

Still... 85 pounds. I've given up everything I love.

Pasta. McDonald's hamburgers... Mayfield Ice Cream...

Cheesecake.

ghettoelleth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Costco sells chocolate covered Acai and Goji berries in big giant 10 lb bags. YUM Twisted Evil
ZeeDrippyVessel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE... as in ADORE... Russell Stover's Sugar Free chocolate covered coconut... I can eat a WHOLE little bag in nothing flat.

And then I read the back of the bag... one = 10 servings.

IN WHOSE UNIVERSE????

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: