Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Hello, people, I'm new at this site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiemille

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Hello, people, I'm new at this site Reply with quote

Hello, my unknown friends!I am new member on this site and I'd like to introduce myself. If you read some of my verse you may wish to know whose hand has written the lyrics you have just read. I might put in in my bio but the limited number of words prevents. Let me say few words so as not to bore you with a long description of my quite ordinary earthly life.
First of all , I'm a woman and a fan of Tolkien's works for nearly 7 years. I was born 22 years ago, on one sunny summer day.., but my my nickname is Hiemille that means Child of Winter in Avarin because I have read "Fellowship" first in winter, - so it was my second birth as a Tolkien's fan. Then my love to the Professor's books has begun and I began writing Tolkien-inspired lyrics, mostly in my native language (naturally) and now - in English too. As to the place where I was born…is it so important in Arda? Thanks to the Professor for creating the world we can dwell independently of our citizenship, age and occupation. So I prefer to dwell inwardly in the Middleearth as an elven-maid from Erin Lasgalen (that is Mirkwood), and I'd like to share with you folk-lore of Elves and other beings, living in Arda. I hope it will take your fancy.
What else I can say? Well, I adore reading of good Tolkien-related fanfics, especially humour and romance, my favorite characters are Feanor, Maedhros, Legolas (certainly, how can I dislike our beloved prince? Smile ) and Aragorn; Besides, I'm fond of painting after Tolkien's books, for example of Nasmith's colourful pictures (some ones have prompted me plots of the poems). As to the film, made by P.Jackson, I didn't like it because of some inaccuracy (however it's my personal opinion).
That's my inner portrait, and it seems to me I must stop, because telling of myself can drag on without an end, so let my poems tell you the rest.
NeumeIndil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Welcome to OSA. I'm Neume, Neu for short, and I think you'll fit right in with all the Silm. geeks (a good thing) and Elf Fanciers running around. I'm a Horse Lord fancier myself, but I thought I'd drop a quick hello and welcome to get the fun started. The rest will be along shortly, I'm sure, so grab a good stiff drink and prepare to be joined... in the non-sexual way of course. Smile

Welcome again,
Neume

http://embullybreedrescue.org/
Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've already met Wink Good to see you here. And yay! You love Feanor. He's one of my faves too. I like them age bad boys RAWR!!! Oh sorry lol Welcome to the best archive around, Hiemille.
Nagzul #2 - The Nazgul of Shmoove
Crucio! Because stupidity should be painful!
http://alikat7.livejournal.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rhapsody

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Hiemielle, welcome on board.

As Neume put it, I am a certified silm geek, but I am not so good with poetry, prose is more my thing...

Just fyi: before I spotted some of your summaries which could use tweaking in spelling & punctuation and had a peek here and there of your poetry (because I am curious), so maybe getting a beta would help... Outta here

Besides that, have fun and enjoy yourself!

Maglor's bard & Celegorm's play pal

Nazgul #5 in charge anything liquid or edible things
Icon made by Carnage in c minor.
trekqueen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waves* Hi Hiemille! It is always good to see new faces. Another pervy elf fancier here though I tend to love the Balrog Slayer Boys the most. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FatiferousPoet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!!! I'm the resident non-LotR fan, but here for the fanfic on Movie/TV section.

Welcome and I'm sure you're going to find this home your family. It's a great place with WONDERFUL people!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ottis413

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Hello
As FatiferousPoet said, you don't have to be an LOTR fan to fit in here anymore, you can be a Elf, Hobbit, talking Lion, Vampire, or computer generated Agent Smith Fancier! almost anything! The more-the-merrier! Dude Doh! Yikes! Sleep

The child is grown, the dream is gone.
Pink Floyd, Comfortably numb
OSA Nazgul#8. The little Nagzul wot cud spall (Don't call me the redneck Nazgul, I prefer the term 'Appalachian Nazgul')
dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Hiemille!

do.

~ Daniel Bélanger
ellaava

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.. i would really like to hear some interesting topics from you...
MrsAnalytica

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!
I'll be sure to check out some of your work! Wink
Wave Wave
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: