Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

Sad news.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Havetoist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Sad news. Reply with quote

What a loss. What a waste.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heath Ledger found dead in NYC

By TOM HAYS, Associated Press Writer 12 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence, and police said drugs may have been a factor. He was 28.
ADVERTISEMENT

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment believed to be his home. The housekeeper who went to let him know the masseuse had arrived found him dead at 3:26 p.m.

A large crowd of paparazzi and gawkers began gathering Tuesday evening outside the building on an upscale block in SoHo, where several police officers guarded the door.

The Australian-born actor was nominated for an Oscar for "Brokeback Mountain," where he met Michelle Williams in 2005. The two had lived in Brooklyn and had a daughter, Matilda, until they split up last year.

He most recently appeared in "I'm Not There," in which he played one of the many incarnations of Bob Dylan — as did Cate Blanchett, whose performance in that film earned an Oscar nomination Tuesday for best supporting actress.

Ledger was to appear as the Joker this year in "The Dark Night," a sequel to 2005's "Batman Begins." He's had starring roles in "A Knight's Tale" and "The Patriot," and played the suicidal son of Billy Bob Thornton in "Monster's Ball."

Ledger grew up in Perth, and began doing amateur theater at age 10. At 16, he moved to Sydney to pursue an acting career, quickly landing TV movie roles and guest spots on Australian television.

After several independent films and a starring role in the short-lived Fox TV series "Roar," Ledger moved to Los Angeles and costarred in "10 Things I Hate About You," a teen comedy reworking of "The Taming of the Shrew."

Offers for other teen flicks came his way, but Ledger turned them down, preferring to remain idle than sign on for projects he didn't like.

"It wasn't a hard decision for me," Ledger told the Associated Press in 2001. "It was hard for everyone else around me to understand. Agents were like, `You're crazy,' my parents were like, `Come on, you have to eat.'"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dolarabee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. It's tragic. People woke up to the news here. It's all over TV and radio. Everybody's reeling.

Such a loss. I can't stop thinking about his daughter...

do.

~ Daniel Bélanger
Haleth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is tragic.

I respected him for taking roles that weren't always mainstream and guaranteed money-makers but which were interesting. He could have been a teen heart throb, but he wanted to be more than a pretty boy. I enjoyed watching his performances and he would have only improved with time.

vladazhael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, he was one of the ones I liked. I was already enjoying his version of the Joker just from the previews.

You'll be missed, man. Hope you find peace on the other side.

**Vlad the Mouth of Sauron**
Piercings and creepy grins always available.
Ania

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very hit by this, he was just so young. I can't believe he's dead, I remember him being my teen heart throb and he was just so young. It's just such a waste of a real talent. It's hard to understand life sometimes.
mellaofmithlond1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad i still can't believe it's true. he was so young. it's bloody awful how he has a daughter left behind.
ellaava

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhhhhhhhhhh really. i cant's believed this...
teginder81

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't even do the internet yesterday. I have been a huge fan of Heaths for a long time. And I mentioned in Chris's beautiful thread that I belonged to a site where Heath would post often. I never met him physically but through that site got to know such a beautiful precious soul. I am still in tears. The post Chris made touched me so much. Another beautiful soul is still with us so I will hang onto that. I cannot even see to type anymore...
Gods Speed Heath
We will always remember you....
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: