Login

Lost Password?

Create New Account

LOTR embroidery designs/pictures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
melissaofaharon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: LOTR embroidery designs/pictures Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone knew of any embroidery designs that can be done by machine? My mom has two machines that can take designs from a disk (They usually come in a pack of designs) and put them on whatever you want. Has anyone seen/heard of any for LOTR? I am looking for the Elvish designs, Tree of Gondor, or possibly elvish script. She also can take a design from a piece of paper and transfer it to the machine. If anyone has a link, picture, or anything else let me know. Smile (I realize most things if not all, will be copyrighted. And I am sure will cost dinero.)
Thanks for your help.
Melly
Alassante
Virtual Village Mod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.forodrim.org/gobennas/heraldry/heraldry.htm

Here are the emblems if that will help!

Nagzul #2 - The Nazgul of Shmoove
Crucio! Because stupidity should be painful!
http://alikat7.livejournal.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sulriel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: LOTR embroidery designs/pictures Reply with quote

melissaofaharon wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew of any embroidery designs that can be done by machine? My mom has two machines that can take designs from a disk (They usually come in a pack of designs) and put them on whatever you want. Has anyone seen/heard of any for LOTR? I am looking for the Elvish designs, Tree of Gondor, or possibly elvish script. She also can take a design from a piece of paper and transfer it to the machine. If anyone has a link, picture, or anything else let me know. Smile (I realize most things if not all, will be copyrighted. And I am sure will cost dinero.)
Thanks for your help.
Melly

I have a friend who does weaving and such. She made a 'Tree of Gondor' for me, using the picture of Aragorn with the emblem on his chest. I think she scanned it in to a machine like you're talking about and it printed a pattern that she used to crochet it.

http://catena.typepad.com/catena_expressions/ there is a picture of it under "Hangings 2002/3" on the sidebar.

I don't know if her machine also does embroidery patterns or not, but if your mom's machine does, you should be able to print a jpg and run it through her machine to get a pattern.

teginder81

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just started doing machine embroidery. I’ve so far done 3 things…all for babies. My first was 1 letter on a blanket. My second was a Pacifier Clip and the 3rd was my SWEET first Grand baby’s name and an anchor on the back back flap of a baby embroidered hats to protect him from the sun’s rays (they live in Florida near the beach). I am IN LOVE with doing this!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: